View Full Version : Even the german's ahead of us

allmine
16-06-2009, 08:03 PM
The lucky germans release date is the 18/6/09 it says so on the nokia germany site

N/A
17-06-2009, 06:49 AM
And "us" means what? Who do you speak for? And why do you say "even the german's"? Does it mean that in your opinions Germany should get it much later than you [still not sure who "us" is]? Why? Do you have something against Germany?

[I'm not German and do not live in Germany.]

davecozens
17-06-2009, 09:01 AM
And "us" means what? Who do you speak for? And why do you say "even the german's"? Does it mean that in your opinions Germany should get it much later than you [still not sure who "us" is]? Why? Do you have something against Germany?

[I'm not German and do not live in Germany.]

And whatever you do, don't mention the war

;)

allmine
17-06-2009, 09:07 AM
Seriously it means there goes aload more people getting there hands on n97 before i do .
All i want is some sort of conformation of whats going on but we get nothing
On there web site it states release on 18/6/09 , on the uk site nothing

sjdean
17-06-2009, 11:11 AM
Yes, I would echo allmines sentiments. It's not that we're upset at anybody else getting the phone before us, but at what seems like the complete mismanagement and inefficiency of Nokia UK to get information to its customers.

Rafe
17-06-2009, 11:31 AM
The N97 and N86 become available in the UK on Friday. You can buy them via Nokia's online shop (http://buy-mobilephones.at/aas) or from the Regent's Street shop.

They will be available on network about a week or so after that (will vary). They'll also start being available in other online shops from Friday this week. Mobile Fun is getting them in tomorrow I think.

sjdean
17-06-2009, 11:38 AM
Hello Rafe,

The problem is from a Nokia customer position, not saying that you're any different, but the Blog said that those who Pre-Order will get their phone on the same day as it's released in the stores.

I had an email off someone at Nokia who advised that even if I bought from a shop, I'd still be having to wait for shipment from a factory (as if they can't guarantee when we would get the phone - possibly after the 19th)

The Nokia shop website do not have any expected release dates itself and they don't seem to know when pre-orderers will get their devices.

Expansys seem to be able to guarantee that you'll receive your phone on the day of release if you order now.

Meanwhile, when you do speak to Nokia, they don't have information or guarantees about their own handsets or their own handsets.

This is highly frustrating.

I believe the date of the 19th was only weedled out of some press office, nothing official is on the Nokia Shop website.

Rafe
17-06-2009, 12:02 PM
sjdean - pre-orders are starting to get notifications now indicating orders are being processed.

And they definetly go on sale on Friday in the Regents Street shop. We'll post details on the front page / if / when we get them.

There may be an issue with stock though. (The flasghip store is advising you to come in and pre-order).

But yes I know its frustrating - I imagine part of it is genuine uncertainity and part of it is not wanting to give guarantees.

sjdean
17-06-2009, 12:04 PM
Do you know if there is any issue with the white handset? A user has reported that they've been sent a shipping email after ordering a black N97 yesterday, whereas the white unit I ordered on Saturday hasn't seem to have been processed.

Cheers
Simon

Rafe
17-06-2009, 12:17 PM
Not sure on the white ones, though I too recall reading something about it. Maybe complicated by Phone4U who I believe have an exclusive on it. Also seems to have less stock of the white version everywhere.

sjdean
17-06-2009, 12:45 PM
Therein lies the problem. If there is an issue with the White Nokia N97s, instead of sitting around on my thumbs, I could change the order for the Black.

But because there's no information of worth on the Nokia UK Shop, then Im sitting blind.