View Full Version : Katamari Mobile problems and Ovi Store in general

adi_pie
16-06-2009, 05:29 PM
I purchased Katamari Mobile from the wap version of the store, after which I installed the Ovi store application. I accidentally uninstalled the game, and when I tried to redownload it from the application, I had to repurchase it. Is this normal? I mean, why do I have to pay for it twice?
Eventually I said OK whatever, and decided to buy it again, but no matter which paid application I try to buy it always says that they're having problems with the payment service.
I've also got another question can I, at least in theory, install an application or download a video I bought on my N85 on another one of my phones using the same account (a la the iPhone app store)?
Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

nj7
17-06-2009, 03:44 PM
As far as I know, no way:frown:

Tzer2
18-06-2009, 03:04 AM
I accidentally uninstalled the game,

How did you do that exactly?

Is this normal? I mean, why do I have to pay for it twice?

Did you try contacting either the game's publisher or Nokia?

That's normally what you should do if you have problems with a product, contact the people who make and/or distribute it.

Ovi Gaming is an unofficial news and reviews site, we aren't here to provide tech support.

I've also got another question can I, at least in theory, install an application or download a video I bought on my N85 on another one of my phones using the same account

That ultimately depends on the purchase terms of the software publisher, some of them may allow transfers while others may not. As far as I know there's no automatic right to transfer stuff though.

Like I said before, if you want answers to these kinds of questions you should ask the people you're buying from, i.e. the game publisher's tech support or Ovi Store's tech support.

adi_pie
18-06-2009, 01:17 PM
How did you do that exactly?

Did you try contacting either the game's publisher or Nokia?

That's normally what you should do if you have problems with a product, contact the people who make and/or distribute it.

Ovi Gaming is an unofficial news and reviews site, we aren't here to provide tech support.

That ultimately depends on the purchase terms of the software publisher, some of them may allow transfers while others may not. As far as I know there's no automatic right to transfer stuff though.

Like I said before, if you want answers to these kinds of questions you should ask the people you're buying from, i.e. the game publisher's tech support or Ovi Store's tech support.

Thanks for the reply, I did contact ovi store support but they still haven't answered even after a week. So I gave up waiting and thought someone here might be able to help me. I've stopped using the ovi store app because the one on the phones browser gets through the payment process, maybe there's something wrong with the standalone application.