View Full Version : The wait seems like forever!

zxon
05-06-2009, 07:02 PM
Here's a quick and dirty video I did that shows how I feel about having to wait another two weeks for the N97 :redface:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6rSqhpbq_U

Again... let me iterate... quick and dirty... nothing flashy or anything.

Micky!
06-06-2009, 07:32 AM
Tell me about it. I too am having to wait. First for my N97 to be delivered to my mothers UK address, then a painful additional wait for it to reach me in Finland after she has posted to me.

zxon
06-06-2009, 10:05 AM
Surely if you live in Finland, you could just knock on the factory door and get one :)

Micky!
06-06-2009, 10:14 AM
The N97 will be coming from Nokia's main storage in Holland, so a little too far to go to knock on their door ;)

zxon
06-06-2009, 10:26 AM
Ahh, fair doo's lol ;)

Biggzy
06-06-2009, 01:03 PM
i hate waiting also, iv gota wait till end of the month and so far its going so slooow, just wish i could goto sleep till 26th lol, i aint been like this since the n95 came out, hope its worth it, from the latest vids iv seen tho it all seems good and well.

LJS
11-06-2009, 04:13 PM
Nice red dwarf nokia vid, smegging awesome.

Tis true though, waiting isn't a passtime I like to get too familiar with. I have to wait a while longer though as I'm waiting to get mine as an upgrade from Vodafone at the end of the month. Silly to pay 500 when I can wait 2 weeks and pay only 100(ish) :).

rdcinhou
11-06-2009, 04:51 PM
Since the N97's announcement in February I had first pre-ordered with one firm that predicted a February delivery.

After them slipping to March, April and May I switched to Nokia's own pre-order.

Now I find that because I ordered the WHITE N97, I have to wait until JULY !!!

I, too have a hard time waiting.

It only gets worse with the Pre coming available as well as the iPhone 3G-whatever coming out in the interim.

Scanning the myriad forums, blogs, news sites, retailer, review and other websites for any updated information is starting to get O-L-D fast.

:frown:

zxon
11-06-2009, 07:09 PM
You know what makes it worse though? Emails from the N97 Members Club like...

the Nokia Nseries flagship will start shipping to stores worldwide from this week!...and...
Nokia’s most advanced mobile computer in the Nseries range has finally shipped to markets

So where's ours!? :mad:

I haven't been this anxious to get my new phone since I waited for my 7650 six years ago!

Biggzy
11-06-2009, 07:49 PM
i also had that email, and still no n97 in sight in the UK

rdcinhou
11-06-2009, 09:13 PM
Confused...

edward at nokiamobileblog.com writes that the white NAM versions began shipping yesterday (June 10).

Still...today (June 11) I find...

NO confirming email from NokiaUSA saying that shipping has begun.
NO change in the NokiaUSA order status page for my order (no shipment activity shows).
NO charge appearing on my credit card "recent activity" web page.

Yet...going to NokiaUSA's Pre-Order pages they say the white version is "In Stock".

Who's telling the truth?

zxon
12-06-2009, 04:35 PM
A week! A WEEK!

I canne wait man, I canne wait! :tongue:

ldmobileonline
12-06-2009, 04:39 PM
Quite right cannot wait for this Bad Boy!! Ive been told mine will ship on the 19th too. But will it be a Sat Delivery or Monday?? Monday me thinks!

rdcinhou
12-06-2009, 04:56 PM
An update...FINALLY a shipment notification email (all it means is that they've asked FedEx to pick up the package) dated 12-Jun-09. :)

The FedEx tracking status page says estimated delivery 15-Jun-09 after 3 pm. :frown:

I guess to Nokia, when you pay for OVERNIGHT SHIPMENT that mean 3 days, huh? :con?

My sympathies to y'all in the UK and elsewhere that have to wait even longer. ;)

I sure hope that it's worth the wait! :tongue:

zxon
12-06-2009, 05:01 PM
Quite right cannot wait for this Bad Boy!! Ive been told mine will ship on the 19th too. But will it be a Sat Delivery or Monday?? Monday me thinks!
Nokia don't do Saturday deliveries in the UK as far as I know, so either it'll be Monday or they'll be keeping with their "pre-orderer's-get-their-phone-when-the-shops-start-selling-them" promise and it'll arrive that day, on the 19th.

allmine
12-06-2009, 06:57 PM
"pre-orderer's-get-their-phone-when-the-shops-start-selling-them" promise . I spoke to nokia today and they said that it won't be delivered untill monday 22nd or tuesday 23rd :frown::mad:

zxon
13-06-2009, 06:35 AM
"pre-orderer's-get-their-phone-when-the-shops-start-selling-them" promise . I spoke to nokia today and they said that it won't be delivered untill monday 22nd or tuesday 23rd :frown::mad:
Strange you say that, because I called Nokia twice yesterday (Friday) to try to get some answers. Both times, the person on the phone said it was coming out on the 19th and couldn't comment on my order because it was a pre-order.

allmine
13-06-2009, 09:45 AM
I spoke to three people alltogether and all three told me different things
First person said july (you can imagine what my reply was to that)
Second person said it's being dispatched on the 19th so you will be likely to get mon/tue (not immpressed)
Third person said the same as above and then i quoted pre-order now and get it the same day as in the shops .Her reply was , well you will receive before it's in the carphoneware house and other stores.

rdcinhou
14-06-2009, 01:58 PM
My White NAM version made it to Houston early this morning. :)

Now I'll be expecting that FedEx truck to come speeding through my neighborhood tomorrow!

sjdean
14-06-2009, 02:04 PM
Now I find that because I ordered the WHITE N97, I have to wait until JULY !!!

Which part of the lovely world are you from? I ordered a White N97 from Nokia UK yesterday, but an email says "3 to 4 weeks" anticipated shipping date.

It appears to be a standard form letter, but if I have to wait, Im going to scream.

Bad bad Nokia for not putting up expected release dates and shipping.

--- Whoops - there goes me not reading you're in Houston

spice3d
17-06-2009, 01:42 AM
Last week I was told it would ship yesterday. Called again today and after TWO HOURS on hold, I was was told that they couldn't access my order for some reason...yeah right. Dude took my phone number and said a manager would call me tomorrow. I'm holding my breath. You'd think a company like Nokia would have an online system rather than making you call on the phone.