View Full Version : Samsung OFFICIAL software download link (includes Route66)

stuclark
02-06-2009, 12:45 PM
Samsung have made the Dictionary, Aspalt 4 and Route 66 applications available to download from their website.

You can get them here: http://uk.samsungmobile.com/supports/softwaremanuals/software.do?phone_model=GT-I8910&sw_type=SW

(Please note, Route 66 is the Samsung LBS zip file)

this works and installs correctly on Orange branded i8910s.

Chopper
17-06-2009, 08:07 AM
Struggling to get the Dictionary to load.

Can anyone help?

Ta.

rvirga
03-07-2009, 05:33 AM
Here's the user manual for Samsung LBS:
http://www.66.com/static_media/manuals/Samsung%20LBS/Samsung%20LBS%20i8910%20User%20Manual_en.pdf

slitchfield
21-08-2009, 12:34 PM
Samsung have made the Dictionary, Aspalt 4 and Route 66 applications available to download from their website.

You can get them here: http://uk.samsungmobile.com/supports/softwaremanuals/software.do?phone_model=GT-I8910&sw_type=SW

Can't see the download myself. Any clue? Did anyone archive the ZIP files (or similar) when they were available?

hootie
22-08-2009, 06:24 AM
Can't see the download myself. Any clue? Did anyone archive the ZIP files (or similar) when they were available?

Hi Steve, it appears that they have been renamed.....the three named PC STUDIO OTHERS, when you click on them bring up the download link for Samsung LBS, Asphalt and Dictionary in that order i believe.

Regards Craig

slitchfield
23-08-2009, 07:03 AM
Hi Steve, it appears that they have been renamed.....the three named PC STUDIO OTHERS, when you click on them bring up the download link for Samsung LBS, Asphalt and Dictionary in that order i believe.

Thanks, got them. There's an incompetent piece of web page content if ever I saw one! 8-)

stuclark
25-08-2009, 11:11 AM
Thanks, got them. There's an incompetent piece of web page content if ever I saw one! 8-)

It's called a bug. It used to show the correct names. Still, the main point is the content is STILL THERE :)

dave123
26-08-2009, 02:41 PM
Still, the main point is the content is STILL THERE :)

Looks like its gone, only the PC Studio and phone manuals are there (unless I'm missing something). Does anyone have the R66 zip file uploaded anywhere?

rvirga
26-08-2009, 03:58 PM
Before downloading them from the internet, please check if Route 66 and Asphalt 4 are already inside E:\Samsung\Applications on your phone. On my i8910, that's where they are stored.
Edit: for owners of Orange-branded i8910s, Route 66 can be still obtained from the developer:
http://www.66.com/samsung/index.php?cid=UK&act=2&cat=2&scat=2

dave123
27-08-2009, 11:35 AM
Before downloading them from the internet, please check if Route 66 and Asphalt 4 are already inside E:\Samsung\Applications on your phone. On my i8910, that's where they are stored.
Edit: for owners of Orange-branded i8910s, Route 66 can be still obtained from the developer:
http://www.66.com/samsung/index.php?cid=UK&act=2&cat=2&scat=2

on mine, that folder only has the Asphalt file.

I'll download from the link, thanks.

gona22
31-08-2009, 10:25 PM
My phone is orange branded and wanted to install route 66 as explained in above posts.

Firstly I do not have a "navigation" option in the applicaition menu, does this make any difference. I do have integrated GPS option in location menu though.

Secondly I have downloaded the route 66 from link given above, it is downloaded as exe file, is that workable on mobile ??

Any help will be appreciated, or if this has been addressed before then please direct me in that direction.

Many thanks in advance

alaa2057
04-09-2009, 06:58 AM
hi,guys

plz if anyone can help me here.i just installed some of the newest firmware which is cooked,but the bad thing about it that it has no games,so plz if anyone can help me with the asphalt application,i'll be very gratefull for that help....thanks 4 u all

rleader
04-09-2009, 03:17 PM
Will reflashing your mobile with Orange UK firmware put back the asphalt.sisx?
You could then copy it off and go back to your own firmware choice. Mine is in E: so perhaps it is a one off - I'd better back it up asap. Hate the game though, too unresponsive - gave up after 1 minute - are you sure you really want it ? Not sure I even want to waste disk space with it :rolleyes:
Mine is actually called:
Asphalt4ACME3DSamsung.sisx
and is 5.521 mb ~
I can also confirm that Samsung have removed Route66 and the Asphalt downloads from their support centre. Thanks again, Samsung. They really are wonderful.

overthereinabox
23-09-2009, 12:05 PM
Hi all,
has anybody had any problems using Route 66? I can't seem to get it to work - when the satellites lock on, I get a "Street not digitized" message, and from then on I can't get anything set up, because when I try to search for any location, postcode, POI etc. I get a "Search: No Search results. Please check your search string." message. My i8910 is on XXIG2 and it came from Germany. Any suggestions?

Cheers!

SWR
09-08-2010, 11:09 AM
Can anyone tell me how I can see whether the i8910 iss et up for R66. I have flashed the firmware and downloaded the LBS files, but have no idea whether my second hand phone actually came with Route 66. I don't get an option for getting my activation key from the server, only the question whether I have a voucher code. Thanks

UKJeeper
09-08-2010, 11:48 AM
You may want to go here:

http://forums.samsungi8910omnia.com/samsung-i8910-omnia-hd-gps-discussion/

and ask. They have a GPS section where you might find your answer. Also Ovi Maps (free) works just fine on the i8910 (with a little bit of work).

saviourself
15-08-2010, 08:43 AM
Also Ovi Maps (free) works just fine on the i8910 (with a little bit of work).

When you say a little bit of work, I am having a problem with Ovi Maps in that it will not load the 'Drive To' screen once a search result has been chosen, the voice is there giving directions but the screen will not load. Any suggestions?

rleader
20-08-2010, 09:50 AM
This will be of no help to you... but I weigh in with an opinion -
I've never used the i8910 for business purposes, it has always been too buggy, etc. and new ROMs = security issues; but I do use the i8910 handset for leisure purposes. As such, the GPS function has always interested me and I have tried out pretty much every solution going. My conclusion: I've always used a third party GPS, in the end the i8910 solutions are just too much trouble. My current device: a Garmin 3790T, which I would recommend. It, too, has some teething problems, but the fact that 99% of the time it just works for me, saves me time (and therefore... money).
I trialled out for a long time the Route 66 software on the i8910, but as this was removed after every re-flash - and at one point I was re-flashing at least twice a month, I just gave up reinstalling any software back on the i8910 after a reflash, except Opera and Google Maps (which, as we know, still does not have turn by turn given S60v5 rather than Android 2.1+).
Sorry for this bit of a non-post, but...
Good luck! all the same. :rolleyes: