View Full Version : How some games and apps doesnt work on MMC ?

ivomir
02-03-2003, 12:26 AM
Do you know how some application or games doesnt work when are installed on MMC and not in phone memory?
etc. DOOM
what is this fu*king bug?

JyriK
02-03-2003, 12:30 AM
Thats because programmers havent had a phone to test the games/apps in MMC.
Should change soon.

willbrady
02-03-2003, 12:39 AM
Hmm, more like a software problem in the application rather than the phone.
Think about it - the application must be looking in the phone memory when trying to run rather than the MMC card where it is actually installed.
Specially in the case of doom which runs from multiple files - the engine must be looking on the phone memory.
I find a lot of the newer software is fine, but the older stuff has problems.

Not a phone BUG, just need to badger the softies to update their software - and on the subjuct of that I must commend the softies as a quick e-mail to them normally gets a response and fix, as I found out when my PcFilemanager stopped working after I installed the new Nokia Suite for 3650 - just 1 e-mail to the softies and they thanked me for reporting the bug and fixed it and mailed me a working copy the very same day!
Now thats service!

ivomir
02-03-2003, 01:28 AM
huh, super, thats a good reason.
i will emailing when i find bugs.
thx.

MirekCz
02-03-2003, 01:33 PM
7650 hasn't got a possibility to install to a different drive so some ppl cut it a bit and didn't plan this feature... sucks, ask for bugfix or sth...

Sr_786@hotmail
02-06-2004, 01:18 PM
Do you know how some application or games doesnt work when are installed on MMC and not in phone memory?
etc. DOOM
what is this fu*king bug?

dude, dont be daft
when u use mp3 player 4 example
the card is in use!
so when u go 2 menu to go on2 an application as well as listen 2 muzic
the icons arent there becoz *tah dahh* the MMC is already in use bro :p

GhostDog
02-06-2004, 02:01 PM
dude, dont be daft
when u use mp3 player 4 example
the card is in use!
so when u go 2 menu to go on2 an application as well as listen 2 muzic
the icons arent there becoz *tah dahh* the MMC is already in use bro :p
This is talent.You managed to dig up an old post and give a completely wrong answer.Like it was said before the first S60 devices was the 7650.It didn't include an MMC slot so developrs made the applications without support for MMC.Those applications didn't work when installed on 3650's MMC because they didn't have MMC support and only worked from phone memory.