View Full Version : Comparison E52/55, E66, E75 and 6720

GDavids
09-05-2009, 08:45 AM
Hi everyone,

Having tried out RIM's software platform for some month and being even more disappointed as extected, I would very much like to return to a S60 device.

I don't care as much about the different form factors. Therefore, it comes down to differences in software and hardware features.

The devices who interest me the most are: E52/55 (whose name seems to differ as used here from its name on Nokia Germany's homepage), E66, E75 and 6700.

Apart from the lack of WLAN in the 6700 and its (maybe superiour) 5mp camera, I could not really find any differences hardware-wise using the Nokia comparison tool. On the other hand, the E52/55 seems to stand apart with respect to battery life.

Differences in software are a bit intransparent to me.

Therefore, are there any important differences hardware-wise?

Is there a big difference between the E-series S60 version on the newer E52/55 or E75 compared to E66/E71?

Any remark would be highly welcome as I cannot express how much I am looking forward to soon switching back to S60!

Thank you very much!

GDavids
09-05-2009, 10:02 AM
Is there a big difference between the E-series S60 version on the newer E52/55 or E75 compared to E66/E71?

On Mobile-review.com (http://www.mobile-review.com/review/nokia-e55-en.shtml#10) I found the following information:

On [the software] front the E55 is almost identical to the Nokia E71, although it has got some updates, such as a revamp in the mail client that now supports html, as well as new filters. Plus, it's easier to setup now and, essentially, it employs email.nokia.com service that's now available on Nokia's phones as a pre-installed application.

I think it comes down to the E52/55 for my purposes. As respective reviews aren't that comprehensive yet, does anyone have information wheter the E52/55 offers the following features:

flipside (as E66: muting incoming calls by flipping the device)
smart dialing from the home screen (as E66/E71: intelligent look-up of address book contacts by pressing the respective keys from the home screen T9-style; would reduce the need for the nonexistent address book key)
LED light for event notifications (as E66/71: LED light integrated in navigation key)
full Quickoffice version (not only viewer but also editor features)

Rafe
12-05-2009, 10:10 AM
As far as I know the E55 and E52 have flip to silent, smart dialing and LED, Quickoffice was the full version on the E55 - E52 - maybe different because of keyboard?

GDavids
13-05-2009, 03:52 PM
Hi Rafe,

Thank you very much for your kind answer - and especially for pointing out the difference between the E52 and the E55. I only knew about the E55 before and simply thought they call it differently over here. It is only after you made the keyboard remark that I realized the difference!

E55 sounds perfect for my purposes!... Although it has not been announced for Germany yet. :frown: