View Full Version : Pandemonium now available on N-Gage platform

Tzer2
06-05-2009, 05:49 PM
The classic 3D platformer Pandemonium is out now in the N-Gage showroom. To see it, go to the N-Gage application on your compatible phone, select the "Showroom" tab, select "Options" and then "Update Now". You should also be able to see it in the "All Games" section. You can find out more about the N-Gage platform including a list of compatible phones in the All About N-Gage FAQ.

Read on in the full article (http://www.allaboutngage.com/news/item/9435_Pandemonium_now_available_on_N.php).

Tzer2
06-05-2009, 06:13 PM
This is basically the same as the old N-Gage game (which originally appeared on PlayStation), but it has two major improvements:

-The PS1's video cut scenes are included (they weren't in the old N-Gage version)

-The graphics are much sharper and more detailed as the game is running at QVGA resolution

This conversion was done by Ideaworks3D, the same people who did the original gen N-Gage conversion, and they seem to be up to their usual high standards here too from what I've played so far.

Tzer2
06-05-2009, 06:18 PM
Very nice long demo too, well worth trying.

Arcade
06-05-2009, 07:44 PM
Thanks Tzer.. I loved playing this one on the Ngage Classic. Excited to see old but classic titles returning to the Ngage name..

Arcade
06-05-2009, 07:46 PM
Sorry for the second post but;
Was this game listed as 'coming soon' or was this just announced out of the blue ?

Tzer2
06-05-2009, 07:58 PM
Wasn't listed as coming soon on n-gage.com, but it was announced some time ago.

If you want to see all the games announced so far, look at All About N-Gage's games section (we list absolutely everything announced):

http://www.allaboutngage.com/games/

N-Gage.com don't list everything announced, don't know why.

viipottaja
06-05-2009, 08:23 PM
Great, loved it on the original N-Gage. Hope the controls are ok.

ps. Tzer2, I still for the life of me don't understand why you didn't e.g. in this case include your first two comment thread comments in the actual news piece.... :con?;)

Tzer2
06-05-2009, 09:13 PM
Viipottaja... because I'd already posted the original news item and couldn't be bothered to go through the CMS to change it. :-)

BTW controls are fine, d-pad for movement, A for jump, B for weapon. Works well on my N95.

ngreatshark
06-05-2009, 10:27 PM
Pandemonium is a good game for a mobile device. Sidescrolling platformers aren't all the rage these days for the average gamer, but this particular game works well on the go, simple enough to get into very quickly, & it's very engaging once you get going. I still remember the first time playing it on my QD, graphically it blows you away with its 3d effects. Given the age of this game and that a vast majority of people have played it I would expect that it would be priced significantly less than the other n-gage games.

Tzer2
06-05-2009, 10:36 PM
Ngreatshark, I agree totally, the structure of this game works really well on mobile screens. The 3D graphics make it look really nice, but the 2D gameplay makes it easy to play without having to worry about camera angles etc.

I'm a big fan of the 2D gameplay - 3D graphics genre, 2D gameplay has a lot to recommend it. Look at how badly Sonic The Hedgehog did after it moved into 3D gameplay, it just wasn't as much fun as 2D gaming. Worms also suffered somewhat from its move into 3D.

amit07
27-11-2009, 06:03 AM
I still has my old QD and i was playing pandemonium a couple of month ago.Its really a nice game,but the fact is the game and storyline remains the same.So,getting it just to check sharp and detailed graphics,seems worthless to me. They could have some extra levels to play or something new at least. :(