View Full Version : Nokia 5310 musicxpress. Is there a way i can block incoming private number?

mikej3131
26-03-2009, 09:29 PM
Hello,

I have t-mobile and they said they do not provide a service to block private incoming calls. I have been getting prank calls for the past month from a private number. I cant just ignore it because it is constant. Is there a hack or a setting on my phone to prevent this or see whos calling me?

Tzer2
27-03-2009, 01:04 AM
Hi,

I don't know how much we can help you because this is a forum for the 5800 XpressMusic, which is a very different kind of phone. :-)

There are ways to block certain numbers, but if you don't know the number you wouldn't be able to use them. The only way to block an anonymous number is with the help of your phone network.

Your phone network should really have a nuisance calls department, try contacting them again and ask if they have such a department. If they don't have one and refuse to help you, try contacting your local telecoms regulator (in the UK that would be Ofcom) and explain the situation.

N/A
27-03-2009, 10:25 AM
And as the 5310 only supports Java development, and Java cannot control incoming phone calls, it is not possible to write a Java app to reject calls from private/unknown numbers, either.

If the operator cannot do something, you could check with the local police whether you can report such harrassment and then have the operator either block the number or identify which numbers the calls are coming from (for the police).