View Full Version : Some issues with 20.0.012

slanbarn
25-03-2009, 07:04 PM
Hello there!

I have some things that irritate me, not sure that is the FW-version that is the issue, so I'm wondering if someone else have come across something simmilar?

I tried to set up a webserver at home with SSL-encryption. Surfing to "regular" sites witht he phone with SSL works fine, however I can not connect to my own. I would guess this is some issue with self-signed SSL-certs(I just want the encryption, not to establish any authentisity...)...

Surfing to my own webserver works fine from an "regular" webbrowser on any desktop computer, but not with symbians browser... Didnt not try this however in the erarlier FW-versions... Any ideas? :)

An other thing is that WLAN conenctivity seems to be "shaky", that is it works for a few min, then something happens that makes the connection not to work, even tho the association with the AP is intact...

Well, just some random thoughts, maybe someone has stumbled on something simmilar :)?

dave123
25-03-2009, 10:30 PM
WLAN works fine on mine, cant comment on your SSL/Server issue but it is more likely an issue with the way the mobile browser interacts with the server than an issue with the FW update.

bigfatron
26-03-2009, 07:57 AM
At a guess if its a self-signed SSL certificate you're having problems with then its probably a root certificates issue.

slanbarn
27-03-2009, 01:01 PM
At a guess if its a self-signed SSL certificate you're having problems with then its probably a root certificates issue.

Hmm, sounds logical...

since im not in to this certificate business really, do you have any idea how it can be solved? I guess I cant install a self-signed root-cert ? :D