View Full Version : V20 now available for UK Red Phones ?

matchstick
24-03-2009, 12:09 PM
It's being reported over at N95Users that Nokia have FINALLY released the v20 firmware via NSU for UK Red phones (product code 0575581).
http://www.n95users.com/forum/nokia-5800/25326-v20-avalible-red-5800-product-code-0575581-a.html

I don't have a red phone myself to check but it sounds worth having a look in the Nokia Software Update Utility if you do have one.

thomaswebb
24-03-2009, 01:39 PM
Hi,

It's available via SU, not OTA :P

ManInBlack
24-03-2009, 02:05 PM
Yup, updated mine this morning by NSU. Seems quicker, but not tested anything else yet! :)

Stretlow
24-03-2009, 04:48 PM
From peoples experience is i likeley that the other uk ones will follow?

I have a 5800 from T-Mobile product code 0577187 will I getting it soon now they have rolled this out in the uk?

Thanks

Stret

1078nicola
24-03-2009, 10:16 PM
Yes its finally here! Just upgraded and phone is definately faster especially with theme animation on. Also, only 15 min from start to finish :)

Peter Galbavy
25-03-2009, 09:43 AM
Finally upgraded mine too. Only about 6 weeks late.

Problems:

USB and NSU: Deinstalling ALL Nokia s/w and reinstalling fixed it.

My Vista laptop just kept going round in circles and suggested a recovery three times. After trying on my XP Netbook, all went well.

Wonder if Nokia still hate their consumer customers ? What will hte next update debacle bring us ?

nitro fan
25-03-2009, 10:05 AM
:icon4: WARNING V20. is not good news for Nokia 5800!

I did a software upgrade to my T-Mobile 5800xm last night and it has completely buggered up my Bluetooth, I can no longer access the add new device or delete a device options, they are there BUT the arrows that control your ability to get too them have gone!!!

I did ask the forum a couple of weeks ago what advantages there were to having V20 I got no answers, now I know why its just a newer number that all :frown: so don't jump up and down and shout out when you cant get it on your device its a wast of time and effort putting it on.

I am going to my local Nokia Service centre this weekend to ask them to put me back onto V11 THAT WORKED this does NOT.

Apart from adding a couple of little applications like a "Dictionary" & "Apps update"and a more advanced search function (which is handy)

I see absolutely no improvement at all, the clock is STILL wrong, nothing runs quicker, I get exactly the same number of memory warnings, the input methods still come and go as memory allows. BUT crucially it has ruined my Bluetooth set up.

Pi55 P00r performance NOKIA, Pi55 P00r Performance

Stretlow
25-03-2009, 11:47 AM
:icon4: WARNING V20. is not good news for Nokia 5800!

I did a software upgrade to my T-Mobile 5800xm last night and it has completely buggered up my Bluetooth, I can no longer access the add new device or delete a device options, they are there BUT the arrows that control your ability to get too them have gone!!!

I did ask the forum a couple of weeks ago what advantages there were to having V20 I got no answers, now I know why its just a newer number that all :frown: so don't jump up and down and shout out when you cant get it on your device its a wast of time and effort putting it on.

I am going to my local Nokia Service centre this weekend to ask them to put me back onto V11 THAT WORKED this does NOT.

Apart from adding a couple of little applications like a "Dictionary" & "Apps update"and a more advanced search function (which is handy)

I see absolutely no improvement at all, the clock is STILL wrong, nothing runs quicker, I get exactly the same number of memory warnings, the input methods still come and go as memory allows. BUT crucially it has ruined my Bluetooth set up.

Pi55 P00r performance NOKIA, Pi55 P00r Performance

Whats your product code - Im on T-Mobile uk but its still not updating

nitro fan
25-03-2009, 12:12 PM
Lucky You dont bother I dont know how to find the code you ask about?

slitchfield
25-03-2009, 02:11 PM
Nope, the tab problem (e.g. in Bluetooth) is due to a buggy theme. Not the firmware. Change your theme back to the default etc.

mrochester
25-03-2009, 02:44 PM
My partners blue uk 5800 still has no v20

nitro fan
25-03-2009, 03:44 PM
Nope, the tab problem (e.g. in Bluetooth) is due to a buggy theme. Not the firmware. Change your theme back to the default etc.

Phew thanks slitchfield seems to have solved it but I really don't like the standard black wavy thingy theme but looks like my nice bright one will have to go!

Stretlow
25-03-2009, 04:33 PM
Lucky You dont bother I dont know how to find the code you ask about?

Under the battery mate

thomaswebb
26-03-2009, 07:56 AM
I had no trouble with the update. NSU worked fine, quicker than I expected it too as well, and the tube seems a lot quicker to me. Absolutely no bugs found yet!

Bartop
26-03-2009, 10:49 AM
Ovi is saying firmware upgrade available for my UK Red but NSU errors with your phone isn't supported message ?