View Full Version : Problems Synchronizing Contacts

hxdirect
22-03-2009, 12:14 PM
I have just bought a Nokia 5800XpressMusic and created my Ovi account. When I connect the phone to my PC using USB cable I cannot get the phone, or Ovi to Sync my current Outlook Contacts.

Ovi appears to only want to sync phone details to the PC & not reverse.

I can click and drag/drop music & photos to Ovi from PC, but dont know how to upload my contact details from PC to the phone memory.

HELP PLEASE :con?

cricfancy
23-03-2009, 06:34 AM
Hi hxdirect,

Hope you are using Nokia OVI Suite 1.1 latest PC Suite version, you can sync your contact from pc to phone and phone to pc too. Check for the sync settings on your Nokia OVI Suite and make sure that you have selected, update in both direction.

Connect your phone with Nokia OVI Suite. Open Sync settings - goto create new sync settings - advanced options - Automatic sync - Conflict resolution - Direction - sync profile, in these options goto Direction and make sure that update in both direction option is selected.

Sync your device now, so that your contacts will be updated on both phone and on pc.

For better ease of use, you can download Nokia PC Suite 7.1.18.0 too on your pc :)

hxdirect
25-03-2009, 01:43 PM
Just wanted to say thanks for the advice. Phone and PC synchronized now. :D

cricfancy
31-03-2009, 05:06 AM
Hi hxdirect,

Thanks for letting the forum knew that your issue got resolved :)