View Full Version : Nokia 5800 shortcuts

dphunks
18-03-2009, 07:53 PM
hey guys i has looking for themes for my 5800 XM and in some pictures was themes but the on the image from the themes was the home screen but with more shortcuts.so im curious to know how the get that shortcuts were is an example http://vaibhavsharma.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/1.jpg

slanbarn
18-03-2009, 09:24 PM
That doesnt look like the 5800, it looks like some N-modell...

matchstick
19-03-2009, 04:17 PM
hey guys i has looking for themes for my 5800 XM and in some pictures was themes but the on the image from the themes was the home screen but with more shortcuts.so im curious to know how the get that shortcuts were is an example

I've noticed a few themes appearing recently like this.

If you look at the standby screen there also appears to be a soft button at the bottom left for the menu, which is supposed to be a feature added to the upcoming V21 firmware so I'm wondering if these screen shots were taken on a phone running this update, though I wasn't aware it added any extra shortcuts (but it would make alot of sense).

angusbrasil
20-03-2009, 06:17 AM
"soft button at the bottom left for the menu"
Where ? on the 5800 ?

matchstick
20-03-2009, 10:22 AM
A soft button is one that you press on the touch-screen rather than a physical button on the device itself.

If you look at the left-hand screen shot, there are 3 symbols at the bottom of the screen just above the words Menu and Contacts, these are the soft buttons I'm referring to.

But anyway it's been pointed out elsewhere that these screen shots were taken from the Carbide UI theme creator and that appears to use a different screen layout to the actual 5800 screen, hense the extra soft button and shortcuts.