View Full Version : Need For Speed Undercover is out now on the N-Gage platform

Tzer2
17-03-2009, 06:44 PM
EA's racing game Need For Speed: Undercover is out now on the N-Gage platform. You can find it in your phone's N-Gage app: to see it go to the showroom tab, select Options, then Update Now. (For a list of compatible phones and other info, see the All About N-Gage FAQ.)

Read on in the full article (http://www.allaboutngage.com/news/item/9145_Need_For_Speed_Undercover_is_o.php).

powerbacon
17-03-2009, 08:02 PM
im really waiting for your review tzer2... to see if you share the same opinion as me!

Tzer2
17-03-2009, 08:05 PM
I've still got Prince Of Persia to review!

Ewan's away though so I may have to do NFSU too...

ngreatshark
17-03-2009, 08:42 PM
The game looks really good from the images & video in the show room. Looks like it has alot of the attitude of the console version still intact. The HUD looks very perculiar, lol I'll be looking forward to that review as well.

lumothesinner
17-03-2009, 08:50 PM
Cool - trial looks really good, much better than asphalt
Ill wait for your review to see if it stays that good the whole way through before buying

RS77
17-03-2009, 09:28 PM
Some screenshots: link (http://s60inside.wordpress.com/2009/03/17/n-gage-need-for-speed-undercover-screenshots/)

Bad graphics and sounds :-(

Tzer2
17-03-2009, 11:50 PM
The graphics on NFSU are smoother than on the Asphalt games, though the models are less detailed.

wampyre
18-03-2009, 09:08 PM
I heard that too that there is no lag unlike in Asphalt.

Guess I'll just have to download it myself and play it.

ccraig
19-03-2009, 05:41 AM
I heard that too that there is no lag unlike in Asphalt.

Guess I'll just have to download it myself and play it.
i experienced the worst lag ever where frame rate was reduced to about 1 frame per second maybe even less and it even lagged in pause menu only way to make it run normal is totally abandon race mode and go to main menu its happened on several occasions also i experienced just random freezes then it just carrys on as normal
i'm not sure if it runs like a bag of crap on all phones but my experience with devices released 2nd half 08 is not good with n-gage games like A4 ,nfs ,fifa09
i cant wait for n97 it should perform better

powerbacon
19-03-2009, 04:44 PM
ccraig... i think you got a problem with your phone...
nfs is waayy better than asphalt 4 (framerate), and fifa 09 is really good too... try formatting your phone and installing only n-gage first to test =D

ccraig
19-03-2009, 09:19 PM
theres no problem with the phone ,i've talked to ppl with n85 and n96 and all have experienced same things to some extent
i know frame rate is good in NFS when its running normal but like i say every now and again that problem crops up
btw i have already formatted and done everything possible before i started complaining , i'm not the kind of person to complain without looking for fixes first

Tzer2
20-03-2009, 12:46 PM
Ccraig, anyone who's followed your posts on this site knows you don't complain over nothing. I certainly trust what you say.

With that in mind can I just ask, did you try updating to the latest firmware? And are you absolutely sure there are no other applications running at the same time as N-Gage? Also, did you notice anything wrong with the demo?

On my N95 I haven't had any problems at all with NFS and it's a lot smoother than Asphalt 4. I also haven't had any problems with FIFA09 either. But like you say, problems may be on certain phone models only.

Can anyone verify they're having problems with NFS on the N96, N85 or N79?

Tzer2
20-03-2009, 01:50 PM
Ccraig, I've just had an idea. Do you have a customised theme and/or wallpaper installed on the phone's memory card?

Try using your phone's default theme and/or wallpaper, then run the game.

Themes and wallpaper installed on the same card as a game or video sometimes cause phones to stutter if they're trying to access both at once.

ccraig
20-03-2009, 05:44 PM
i have n95 8gb too same games run better on that
also zergus over on n-gage site as n96 and n95 8gb and he as same lag problems with n96
i've run same games on both phones at same time and difference is very noticable in 50% of games
before when i heard ppl complaining about framerate of BIA i used to not take notice as on my n95 8gb i never had a problem but since getting n96 i totally understand there complaints
i'm hoping firmware will improve it in future the last update already improved n96 a lot. but a lot more work is needed

RS77
21-03-2009, 01:32 PM
From Need for Speed N-Gage site:

NE3D 4 5P33D Find out how this code can entitle you to a free game, go to the Official Game Site

But where to put in this code??