View Full Version : Calendar icon stuck on 'Tuesday 9' - any ideas?

jarold
09-03-2009, 11:52 PM
As the title says, the icon for the calendar app always displays 'Tuesday 9' regardless of the actual day/date - I assume it should change?

What is strange is if you run the 'MyPhone' app the calendar icon there is correct!

Help!

timsalmon
10-03-2009, 06:42 AM
the icon for the calendar app always displays 'Tuesday 9' regardless of the actual day/date - I assume it should change?

'MyPhone' app

I'm sure this must be Theme driven. If you're tinkering with Themes, the icon could be whatever the author has assigned it to be/drawn. The standard S60 menu actually has a number '12' in the middle of the icon.

If you're playing with MyPhone, I guess you've been tinkering - I tried that when they released a 'trial' version but just thought it was silly - why would you want to emulate an iphone on a Symbian phone <ducks for cover> ;-)

Tim

jarold
10-03-2009, 10:36 AM
So it doesn't update? I'm not impressed (the MyPhone one does) - the Day/Date display on the home screen is so small my old eyes almost cant make it out!

Why wouldI want to emulate an iPhone? TBH I think Apple really have got the UI aspect right, whatever else you may think about the iPhone & it's limitations (and I know there are many!). My wife has an iPhone & is bery happy with it - if Nokia could do a bit more than just 'skin' s60 with a few touch features (I'm sure it's more than that but they didn't go far enough!).

Some annoyances:-

If this is a music mobile why can't I pause my music & have it remember where I was (only if I don't close the app)?
Why no support for Divx/XVid?
Why is the album art so small?
Why no podcast art?
Why only 4 apps/contacts on the home screen
Why not better social networking integration (facebook/twitter etc.) - surely this is the market they were aiming at with the price?

All that said, I did buy it instead of an iPhone so there must be something that won me over, it's just that it could be so much better!