View Full Version : Help Organising Files on 5800

Binney
05-03-2009, 02:01 PM
Hi,

I'm after a little help organising files (images, video clips, sounds and other media type files blue toothed by friends).

I've no problems using Nokia PC Suite or the File Manager application to browse the file and folders on the memory card or internal memory but don't understand how these tie up with the gallery menu.

I'd love to be able to use to gallery feature to organise files but find it's quite restrictive. For example I have a funny sound clip (mp3 format) that I'd like to save somewhere in the gallery for easy access. But however I try I can only get it to appear under the songs and I'd like to keep it separate from my music collection.

If anybody has got any suggestions or could offer some guidance on how they organise their files it would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

N/A
05-03-2009, 02:47 PM
The Gallery "sees" always all files, and you can group content in tge Gallery in Albums, but that does not have any effect on where the files reside in the file system (and they'll always show up also on the "main" lists of things outside the albums).

I don't like that at all, but that's the way someone in Nokia has thought things should be done for some odd reason or another.

Binney
06-03-2009, 09:08 AM
Thanks for the info N/A

Out of interest does anybody know of any good Apps that provide an easy way to organise files etc?

5stones
08-03-2009, 08:36 AM
Y-browser is pretty good (and free).
Also has the option to hide files so they don't show up in your Gallery.
Seems I'm not able to post links here... A google for "drjukka" will get you there.