View Full Version : 5800 firmware version

Moxxu
20-02-2009, 12:19 PM
Hi,

Could someone tell me where can i check which firmware version do i have installed on my mobile?

Also is it true that a recent firmware release has added the capability to take a picture of yourself using the front camera?

Last question ... browsing these forums i have seen several people complaining about various bugs/faults, can someone please specify if the mobiles in question are sim free please ?

Thank you

Huschke
20-02-2009, 12:51 PM
Lucky for you, AAS wrote a whole article on how to update your firmware:
http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/features/item/How_to_update_the_firmware_on_the_Nokia_5800_Xpres sMusic.php

Even luckier for you, this article even mentions how to check which firmware you have on your phone.
1. On the main standby screen, press the keypad dialler icon and enter the number *#0000#

Moxxu
20-02-2009, 12:59 PM
Thank you for your reply with these useful links. I have just checked mine and it seems that i am on version 11.0.008. Actually so for i haven't encountered any bugs which other members have been mentioning, so i wonder whether i should update the firmware or not?

Huschke
20-02-2009, 06:52 PM
As the article states a firmware update will not only fix various issues, it will also make your device run smoother, less glitchier and in some occasions even add new software (e.g. v20 adds a dictonary application). Bottomline its your choice ;)