View Full Version : How do I turn off the auto-lock during calls?

dlrpsteve
20-02-2009, 11:25 AM
Anyone know of a way to turn off the auto-lock on a call when the screen comes near a surface? I find it very annoying, especially when I ring a number that requires me to press numbers to proceed!

TIA

Huschke
20-02-2009, 12:55 PM
Which firmware version do you have? Unfortunately mine stopped doing that after I installed the new firmware update (v20)...

Does anyone know a way to get this feature back?!

dlrpsteve
20-02-2009, 01:57 PM
v11.0.009

I guess I'll have to wait for the update to become available.

thanks

TylerMD
20-02-2009, 03:57 PM
That's strange, I have the older version and it is working fine for me. During a call, when I aproach the phone to my ear it locks but it don't get locked when controlling it with my hands.

I think that the sensor is near the front camera. Try to leave that part of the phone clear when manipulating it.

dlrpsteve
22-02-2009, 09:56 AM
I think I have worked out the problem - I have mine a Krussel case which seems to be covering up the sensor, what a strange design defect! I'll look for a case which keeps the sensor clear!

thanks

matchstick
23-02-2009, 09:08 AM
I think I have worked out the problem - I have mine a Krussel case which seems to be covering up the sensor, what a strange design defect! I'll look for a case which keeps the sensor clear!

thanks

I had exactly the same problem with the Krussel Orbit case for the 5800 and ended up sending the case back after a couple of days.

At the time I wasn't sure if it was just my case that had been mis-manufactured but if other people are having the same problem it looks like Krussel have messed up the design.

I'm still looking for a decent case or pouch for the 5800.
This one looks decent but isn't available till the end of March (not exactly what you could call a prompt release)
http://www.expansys.com/p.aspx?i=177459&partner=froogle
So if anyone else has any case suggestions I'm interested.