View Full Version : Become an S60 ambassador, get a free N-Gage game

Tzer2
18-02-2009, 10:26 PM
As you may know, all N-Gage phones run on the S60 software platform. In a joint promotion called "Level 2", you can get a free N-Gage game by becoming an S60 Ambassador. For complete instructions see this post on the N-Gage blog, but look sharp as places are limited.

Read on in the full article (http://www.allaboutngage.com/news/item/9000_Become_an_S60_ambassador_get_a.php).

wampyre
19-02-2009, 10:10 AM
Already signed up from the beginning and got my activation code also.

Still wondering what game I should activate as I've already purchased those I find interesting.

I think I'm going to ask a friend of mine who was quite interested in N-gage and the game Reset Generation.
(Unfortunately he has a 6220 Classic which N-gage doesn't support)

I've already bought Reset Generation so there is in fact not that many games out there that is so very interesting.

Here's the games I've bought so far.

Block Breaker Deluxe
Boom Blox
Bounce Boing Voyage
Brain Challenge
Brothers In Arms
FIFA08
Hooked On: Creatures of the Deep
Mile High Pinball
Metal Gear Solid Mobile
One
Reset Generation
Resident Evil: Degeneration
Snakes Subsonic
Space Impact Kappa Base
System Rush: Evolution

So as the list implies I've already have the most interesting games.
I've also played through all of the demos and know the gameplay.

Will be interesting though to ask what kind of game looks appealing besides RG.

Tzer2
19-02-2009, 10:57 AM
That's a pretty good collection!

If you want more games though, I would choose:

Pro Series Golf (Our golf expert Steve loved PSG. This is a really good game if you read the tutorials in the Arena forums, they really explain how to play. It's especially good in multiplayer online and there are unofficial tournaments going on in the forums.)

Star Wars Force Unleashed (Ewan really liked this.)

Midnight Pool (I liked this, though our pool expert Steve thought it was too easy)

Crash Bandicoot Nitro Kart (very good Mario Kart clone but too short, however if it's free then that doesn't matter as much)

Dirk Dagger (the story is great fun though the gameplay is pretty weak)

DChoc Cafe Solitaire (good if you like single player card games)

wampyre
19-02-2009, 08:20 PM
That's a pretty good collection!

If you want more games though, I would choose:

Pro Series Golf (Our golf expert Steve loved PSG. This is a really good game if you read the tutorials in the Arena forums, they really explain how to play. It's especially good in multiplayer online and there are unofficial tournaments going on in the forums.)

I've tried and played through the other games you mentioned before.
That is I played through the modified versions of the games so I know all about the gameplay on those.

I have of course uninstalled those now and the best games in my opinion, I have bought.

The only one I find the most interesting is the first one you mentioned, which I think I will use my activation code on.

I also understand why people want to hack their phones also.
Me for instance want to hack mine for the main purpose of backing up my files.
(Calendar, Contacts files, menu settings, program settings?)

With so many N-gage games it's quite tedious to gain your points back to how they were if you should format your phone.
(Obviously due to critical problems or softwares screwing up things)
With a hacked phone it so much easier to backup those N-gage files and have them backed up to e.g. a computer.

With users like me buying so many games and yet there's no convenient way at all to backup the data, it's also very easy to get to use the modified versions or use cheats. (No hassle with activation, no waiting to first download the games before install)

I really like the N-gage, but it still has the serious flaw of not to be able to backup your game saves.
(I'm also a owner of the N-gage Classic with three games)

It is however true that if the games are good some flaws will be forgotten.

Hopefully it will not be too long before they let us backup our game saves.

Turned a bit off topic here, sorry about that

Tzer2
19-02-2009, 10:34 PM
You can use PC Suite to back up the games' data.

wampyre
20-02-2009, 01:06 PM
You can use PC Suite to back up the games' data.

The problem is that I have too much data so that the PC Suite can't keep up with it, beside I've tried several times without managing to back up my data.

I've always came to the last portion of the backup and then it failed.
It's not the first time so after I tried that several times I simply gave up and hence finding other ways to backup my files that actually works.

Tried again and it simply stalls after coming to 81 %. I've left it like that for almost an hour now. And still it doesn't move.
So I gave it a try, but it simply didn't work.

Tzer2
20-02-2009, 02:20 PM
Well, I do agree they need to have a proper built-in backup system. They should be able to store everyone's savegames on the N-Gage Arena servers, so that people can restore savegames if they get wiped from the phone. It is very strange that they don't do this! :-(

Tzer2
20-02-2009, 09:07 PM
Wow, apparently all the 100 Ambassador places filled up within 2 hours!

wampyre
22-02-2009, 10:57 AM
Wow, apparently all the 100 Ambassador places filled up within 2 hours!

I wonder how many came from different countries?
Or is it only 100 in total?

Tzer2
22-02-2009, 11:29 AM
I think they already had other places filled, but the last 100 places filled up in 2 hours.