View Full Version : Back to the service centre again

matchstick
10-02-2009, 01:30 PM
Looks like my 5800 has developed the earpiece volume problem over the last couple of days.

I don't fancy taking the thing apart so I'll have to drop it into my local service centre again. I'm not sure how much trouble I'm willing to take from this phone though (only hope they can upgrade it to the v20 firmware while it's in)

matchstick
12-02-2009, 11:11 AM
BUGGER !!!

Just had a call from the Service Centre and my Nokia aparently has a "high level fault" and has to go back to Nokia to get sorted which will take 2 fecking weeks.

If it doesn't come back with v20 on it there WILL be trouble...

matchstick
23-02-2009, 11:55 AM
And now Nokia have said it's beyond economic repair.

However there is something approaching a silver lining, they are out of Red replacement handset and have offered a blue one instead which I've accepted as hopefully this will mean I don't have to wait so long for new Firmwares (though knowing my luck it may be stuck on v10 ;) )

bartmanekul
23-02-2009, 01:26 PM
Alls well that ends well.

Hopefully.

matchstick
25-02-2009, 02:35 PM
Oh this gets better...

After phoning up to ask if I'd accept a Blue handset Nokia sent a Red one (product 0552438) which spontaneously reboots.

On the phone to Nokia to get a refund on my whole order now.

Peter Galbavy
26-02-2009, 11:03 AM
So far, my whole experience of Nokia Customer "Care" has been wholly negative. Pretendings problems don't exist, not knowing what firmware is available, hiding behind "policy", refusing to help. Now my earpiece has pretty much given up - and I am not going to open the thing up - they shop wants to take it away for a fluffy-wuffy repair which is "normally 2 days" but they will neither commit to that or offer me a loan handset (of any model) for the time.

I used to know and respect people at Nokia. Now it's just trying to be Apple and failing. PR does not make for good products and market share, good products and customer service do.

matchstick
26-02-2009, 11:49 AM
I'm giving up on the 5800 for the moment.

I'm a little gutted cos I really liked the 5800 as a phone and this is the first Nokia phone I've had real problems with out of 6 or so handsets.
But I've been messed around too much and right now I'm not willing to put up with it any longer.

So the handset is going back at the weekend then I'll wait to see what the Samsung Omnia HD is like and whether I want to go with that or get a 5800 CWM once that's released.