View Full Version : About uneven firmware releases with product code - give Nokia a call and complain

Peter Galbavy
10-02-2009, 09:13 AM
For those of us who have been frustrated by the uneven releases of firmware red/blue models, different countries and all the rest, can I suggest you give Nokia UK Customer care a call on 0845 0455555 (the number on their website) and open a problem report.

If you get a ticket opened - and not just let the first line person fob you off - then their management might realise that when people spend their own money on a phone they expect some respect and service ?

Remember, the more the merrier and the more the more annoyed their management might get.

N/A
10-02-2009, 12:13 PM
I suppose Nokia could release all firmware versions easily "evenly", by delaying the releases for everybody until all versions are ready to go.

So, instead of releasing it for some languages/regions first, and others later, everybody could get it at the same time later (possibly much later).

Would it make you happier? ;)

matchstick
10-02-2009, 12:56 PM
The need for localisation work etc doesn't explain why the Generic UK Blue model has v20 firmware available for it when the Generic UK Red one doesn't.

If Nokia can't even get their act together enough to release the same firmware for all the phones in a single region multi-region releases would look to be beyond them

Huschke
10-02-2009, 04:51 PM
I imported my 5800 from Germany and I was able to download the firmware update for my 5800XM blue on day one. Fully localised with support for all the different languages my device shipped with. So you see there is no reason to wait for localisation, because it seems Nokia already waits till all the translation work is done!