View Full Version : Time issue - check yours.

bartmanekul
09-02-2009, 10:45 AM
Mine was suddenly out by 20 minutes this morning. I have had it less than a month.

I set it to the exact time, and network update was off.

So check yours. If this is an issue that will not be fixed by firmware updates, I'll be sending it back for a full refund.

Bartop
09-02-2009, 11:53 AM
Hmm - you prompted me to look at mine and I noticed it was about 3 minutes off and have had the phone just over 2 weeks..

However I went to turn on automatic update and it changed my time to what looks to be some other time zone, if I change the time zone back to UK it disables auto update !

Presume I must have set the wrong region when I did one of the numerous soft resets when trying to sort out the themes but is there anyway of changing it back to the UK so i can turn on auto updates without having to do a soft reset ? I don't think I could bear changing all the settings back again afterwards..

ta

Pete

N/A
09-02-2009, 12:39 PM
Try going to menu > Applications > Clock > World clock

There do Options > Add location and then add your current location/country.

Then, while in World clock view your home country is selected/highlighted, do Options > Set as current location.

bartmanekul
09-02-2009, 12:40 PM
No, when I set it to autoupdate it does that too. Its supposed to be done by networks, so its either them, or something to do with the phone.

Edit: Thanks NA, that seems to be fine, hope it stays like that.

Bartop
09-02-2009, 02:15 PM
Hmm - still didn't work.

For some reason the automatic time update on it will always change the time to 6:26pm regardless of the actual time !

Must be an issue with the sever it's synching with ?

macwhu
09-02-2009, 05:15 PM
yep i found the auto time update thing never worked on mine at all. had to resort to manual settings.

nitro fan
11-02-2009, 09:50 AM
Mine has lost 2 mins in three days! I am now keeping a log but this is not great

bartmanekul
11-02-2009, 10:36 AM
Mine has lost another 3 mins. And thats since the 9th.

I will contact Nokia returns department about this, and if they cannot assure me it's going to be fixed in a firmware update, it will have to be swapped.

And if it's a flaw with the 5800, I shall be getting my money back.