View Full Version : Soft reboot from Task Manager now gives Sim Card not accepte

06-10-2001, 09:57 AM
Using PSILoc Task Manager used to let me reset the device without any problems. Now I find that after a reset, I get Simcard not accepted. Only way to fix it is to reset by removing the battery. Anyone else come accross this/have any suggestions.

Zuber

Jan
06-10-2001, 03:13 PM
Is Taskman registered on your machine?

dimitri
06-10-2001, 04:01 PM
You might have asked 9210 to do so in Security>Control Panel>Extras, that is to say, you asked a password to be required whenever the phone is rebooted.

Boiling Ice
07-10-2001, 07:27 AM
it's a strange problem, I have Task manager since a long time now and it never gave me this error, I guess you should submit your problem to PSI Loc, they might have a clue about it !
[addsig]

Zuber
07-10-2001, 03:34 PM
I contacted PSILoc and they suggested it was related to the firmware version and that I should upgrade it. Thing is, I am already running 3.54.
What I don't understand is that it used to work, and now it doesn't. I even tried formating the Nokia and installing nothing but Taskmanager, and then tried an earlier version of Taskmanager, but to no avial.
It is ashame, since one of the reasons I bought the software was so that I would not have to remove the battery in order to do a reset.

Zuber

07-10-2001, 03:51 PM
I have exactly the same problem as you describe. i am running 3.54 as well, and I have tried to reformat the 9210 to no avail.

<!-- BBCode Quote Start --><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-10-07 1734, Zuber wrote
I contacted PSILoc and they suggested it was related to the firmware version and that I should upgrade it. Thing is, I am already running 3.54.
What I don't understand is that it used to work, and now it doesn't. I even tried formating the Nokia and installing nothing but Taskmanager, and then tried an earlier version of Taskmanager, but to no avial.
It is ashame, since one of the reasons I bought the software was so that I would not have to remove the battery in order to do a reset.

Zuber
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><!-- BBCode Quote End -->

Zuber
08-10-2001, 01:10 PM
Got some feedback from PSILoc.

"Task Manager uses proper method to soft reset device (system function), seems that your device is faulty.
Try 'crashed procedure'; press Shift+Ctrl+Chr+K several times, after few presses your communicator will reboot - check your sim card now."

Tried it, and sure enough I get the Simcard error. Could someone else try this and tell me if they get a simcard error or it recognises the card ok.

Thanks,

Zuber

Sumokong
12-10-2001, 08:23 PM
Tried using the "crash procedure" and yes I got the same error.

Perhaps PSILoc should look more seriously into this matter as it would be absolutely ridiculous to tell us that it is a problem with our firmware as it was working fine for me when I first installed Task Manager. It was only after reformatting my communicator and re-installing the latest registered version of Task Manager did I get the infamous "Sim Card Error"

Of course the main reason that I purchased Task Manager is to reboot the communicator without having to remove the battery.

My suspicion is that the C\ which was preloaded by Nokia prior to shipment might not be the same as that included in the CD-ROM.

<!-- BBCode Quote Start --><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-10-08 1510, Zuber wrote
Got some feedback from PSILoc.

"Task Manager uses proper method to soft reset device (system function), seems that your device is faulty.
Try 'crashed procedure'; press Shift+Ctrl+Chr+K several times, after few presses your communicator will reboot - check your sim card now."

Tried it, and sure enough I get the Simcard error. Could someone else try this and tell me if they get a simcard error or it recognises the card ok.

Thanks,

Zuber
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><!-- BBCode Quote End --><font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by Sumokong on 2001-10-12 2228 ]</font>

Zuber
24-10-2001, 11:05 AM
I used Netmonitor for the first time today (picked up an MBus cable for 7) and changed the auto power on after restart option to on. For some reason, Task Manager resets don't seam to give me errors any more. I switched the option back to off again but resets still work. It could just be coinsidental, but this seams to have fixed my problem.

Zuber

Rafe
24-10-2001, 11:16 AM
Out of interest where did you get your MBUS Cable?

Rafe

Zuber
24-10-2001, 11:29 AM
Hi Rafe,

I got it from

<!-- BBCode auto-link start -->http//www.cellsavers.co.uk/acatalog/Cellular_Accessories_Nokia_9110_9210_9290_Communic ator_20.html<!-- BBCode auto-link end -->

UK postage is 1 so it costs 7.99 total. I should point out that it is for the 9110, but I was able to activate Netmonitor, modify logos etc. using demo version of Logomanager. I could not get and Netmonitor data in Logomanager, but I suspect that has more to do with the application.

Zuber<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by Zuber on 2001-10-24 1332 ]</font>

24-10-2001, 09:48 PM
I ve had no problem with task
manager its written correctly
and respects system

mattusch
24-10-2001, 10:06 PM
THE SOLUTION

Deactivate Net Monitor!!

Regards,
Franky<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by mattusch on 2001-10-25 0006 ]</font>

Zuber
25-10-2001, 08:07 AM

Deactivate Net Monitor!!

Regards,
Franky

???
I had the problem before going anywhere near Netmonitor. Using Netmonitor to play with the setting above seams to have somehow resolved it. Resets continue to work even after turning Netmonitor off again.

Zuber

mattusch
25-10-2001, 08:18 AM
Strange!