View Full Version : Themes?

Usurper
29-01-2009, 07:48 PM
Hey guys.

Got mine today with V 11.0.008 then says custom version V 11.0.008.217.05

no problems so far, so im looking for themes, anyone have links to anything good?

i have a aston martin one at the moment but thats all.

nitro fan
03-02-2009, 12:57 PM
I got my 5800 from T mobile on Saturday but I really dislike the standard theme where can I download other themes from the Nokia home page does not seem to offer any!

bartmanekul
03-02-2009, 12:59 PM
http://www.n95users.com/forum/nokia-5800/23517-5800-themes.html

nitro fan
03-02-2009, 03:34 PM
Thank you,
I have been used to UIQ and you only get one file per theme, how do I install these? which files do I transfer to my phone? which one do I load first?

nitro fan
05-02-2009, 01:54 PM
WARNING: TO ALL MEMBERS.....

DO NOT INSTALL the "technology by Nahid" theme it will turn your nice 5800XM into a totally unresponsive piece of junk

the guy is a maggot for releasing this as V5 compatible he knows NOTHING about memory management my phone is ruined and I cant get it to go to menu to remove this dreadful piece of software SIC

bartmanekul
05-02-2009, 02:28 PM
Apologies, the theme has been removed from that thread. It wasn't a deliberate malware attempt, but a very poorly made theme.

nitro fan
05-02-2009, 02:54 PM
Apologies, the theme has been removed from that thread. It wasn't a deliberate malware attempt, but a very poorly made theme.

I am not sure I agree with you there the maggot who wrote must have had to of tested it on a 5800 so he would know it would junk the things, I call that malware! and he deserves outing and shooting IMHO

Rafe
05-02-2009, 08:54 PM
Pizero has some good ones:
http://www.pizero.net/archives/category/theme-posting

nitro fan
06-02-2009, 08:44 AM
Pizero has some good ones:
http://www.pizero.net/archives/category/theme-posting

Hi Rafe,
They look great but has anyone actually tested them? I doubt it.

As my phone is now an unserviceable pile of scrap I cannot load anything and certainly will not be loading anything until I am certain it is from a 100% reputable and Nokia authorised source I cant see anything there to reassure me these are the real thing anyone can "photoshop up" a theme as I now know from bitter experience!

Personally I would advise anyone else to use extreme caution as far as any third party SW or theme for the 5800XM is concerned for a while yet as I am certain these "Amature Developers" do not have a clue how to write efficient code OR test their "warez" properly, it just depends if you want to be able to use your phone or not isn't it :-)

I just hope the Nokia Service Centre can fix my phone for me, as I have a very strong suspicion T-Mobile will tell me to "Go forth and multiply" if I return it to them to fix, to say I am Peed off is putting it mildly.

Peter Galbavy
06-02-2009, 08:53 AM
I am using one of Pizero's themes (red haze ?) with no problems. Turned off the effects as they just slow things down, but I like the slightly chunky feel now.

nitro fan
07-02-2009, 08:27 PM
My local Nokia Service centre were very helpful they re flashed my phone to a generic firmeware apparently and order is restored!

as for themes I think I will wait for now

Rafe
08-02-2009, 12:57 PM
I've never had any trouble with Pizero themes. The only thing to note is that m,ake sure you only use S60 5th Edition specific themes.

You may also consider installing the theme to the memory card. That means you can remove the memory card when restarting the phone if things go wrong. Put the memory card back in after it has started and remove the problem theme.

nitro fan
12-02-2009, 10:01 AM
I think I have calmed down enough now to re investigate some themes for my 5800 does anyone know where I can get a nice plain white theme, that does not use silly icons?

I shall be installing it to the memory card this time!!:o

roger347
18-04-2009, 10:23 AM
Usurper, i too know about few good sites which has nice themes for Nokia 5800. if you require them i can give you the link.....