View Full Version : Gadgets on 5800?

vitaminz
17-01-2009, 09:43 PM
Hi all, I've just preordered the Nokia 5800, it looks fantastiic. However, I kinda wish it had 'live' gadgets on the Contacts bar homepage. Just wondering if you guys reckon this could be added in a firmware update? Or is it likely Nokia are going to just keep it for the N97 and subsequent phones?

Guess this is just a post asking for peoples opinions, I know it's unlikely anyone will actually know :tongue:

gauravjaitely
05-02-2009, 05:56 AM
Yes But I Love to scrolling the music on nokia 5800 xm it a good feeling so scrolling tracks in your nokia 5800 xm.

Tzer2
05-02-2009, 07:28 AM
It would be great to see happen, but who knows...

Technically it should be possible to add through firmware, but whether Nokia actually does that is another matter.

Bear in mind the N97 will cost a LOT more than the 5800, so they have to have some features exclusive to the N97 to tempt people to pay extra for it.

They also tend to keep some stuff exclusive to Nseries models, as they generally cost a bit more anyway.

macwhu
05-02-2009, 12:45 PM
some of the press shots show and OVI gadget on the 'contacts' home screen.
Not sure how this is activated.

Rafe
05-02-2009, 08:51 PM
With S605th Edition there will (in theory) be two different types of 'gadgets'.

One is Active Idle (aka Home screen) plug ins, but you only get these with the standard (active idle) homescren. I doubt this will change.

The other is Widgets, but the 5800 probably wont get these. You'll see them first on the N97.

In theory it might be possible to upgrade, but I would not hold my breath!