View Full Version : Shazam music app

mowe
12-01-2009, 07:20 AM
Has anyone gotten this to work? I can get it to install properly by setting the date back to 2008 but when I go to "tag" a song, it will take it's 10 second recording of the song but then say "unable to execute file for security reasons." I couldn't find any security settings in the phone that might allow this program to work. Any ideas why this message my be popping up?

Ricardo99
13-01-2009, 10:02 PM
Try going into settings and disabling audio alerts. Works fine after that, great piece of software.

mowe
14-01-2009, 07:37 AM
Awesome, that worked. Thanks for the tip. The only problem I have now is that it will only show the album art that the song is on but it won't actually say what song it is or allow me to download it or anything. So if the album art doesn't show the artist's name, then it's pointless. Is this how it's supposed to be or am I doing something wrong still?

Ricardo99
14-01-2009, 10:20 PM
Try changing your phones theme to one with a lighter background, the artist and song details are above the album cover in black text.

Also if you go into the 'my music' section of the main menu a history of your tagged tracks should be there.

mowe
15-01-2009, 04:36 AM
Oh yeah, it is above the album art, but impossible to read with the default theme. Thanks.

nicky
02-02-2009, 06:40 AM
Anyone know where I can get full version of this for free?

Thanks.

mowe
02-02-2009, 09:42 PM
Yeah, and is there a version that allows you to buy/download songs through the app like on the iphone version?

I don't actually know of any respectable sites to access through the phone that I can download mp3s. Anyone know of one?