View Full Version : N79 - how 2 free internal memory??

mfssfm4life
03-12-2008, 09:24 AM
hey guys....am unable to install maps 3.0 cos ma internal memory is full...can u pls suggest me how to free up some space...i duno how mam internal memory got full...i actually dont install any apps or store messages !!!!!

xnickx
18-01-2009, 12:55 PM
hey guys....am unable to install maps 3.0 cos ma internal memory is full...can u pls suggest me how to free up some space...i duno how mam internal memory got full...i actually dont install any apps or store messages !!!!!

Thats only cause the phone has crap all internal memory to begin with (something silly like 50mb)

Solve that by simply inserting an external memory card!

I've got an 8gb card in my N79 and have had no problems with memory yet

soliton
21-06-2009, 04:58 PM
looks like you've tried deleting apps and messages, you could also try to check if any videos or music were saved to the internal memory as well.
also you can try installing MobileRar, that will let you look inside the internal memory straight from the phone

jApi NL
21-06-2009, 05:18 PM
As far as I understand MobiRar is not a file explorer/manager . But a manager for JAVA ,rar files ?
See this recent thread about how to safe Phone Memory in a 5800XM . Partly different for your Phone , but with usefull Tips .
Both are S60..... devices :
http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84082&highlight=Save+memory

:) Regards jApi NL

dez_borders
22-06-2009, 06:38 AM

If you have already tried everything else, then it's time to format the internal memory (*#7370#) and start again.

Dont use the BACKUP/RESTORE functions or you will end up with the same problem. However it's safe to use PC Suite Synchronisation.

2 other things to try first...
1. clear WEB app cache
2. if you have goodle maps installed, run 'reset google maps' to clear it's cache.

I agree you need a memory card (or mass memory if built-in), as all GPS apps will store their maps in internal memory if there's no memory card available.