View Full Version : Tmobile in the USA

Royce.rocket86
29-11-2008, 05:20 PM
This is my cry for help.

I bought a Innov8 from cellswholesale.com

It came really quick. I love it all the features are fun but alas.

I cant seem to use anything web related without wifi. When Im out and about my internet doesnt work, fring, gps nothing!

I called Tmobile said they couldn't help me with a unsupported phone.
I called Samsung USA the guy actually laughed at me, told me no support there.

I have every data plan imaginable turned on for my service. Im paying 160 bucks a month now. But no sign of mobile internet connection.

I was hoping maybe someone on here could help me.
Any chance anyone knows how to configure the packet data to work with Tmobiles edge network? I know I dont have 3G in my area (nor does this phone support US band of 3G I think).

I can make calls fine. I can use everything on my home network.

I have 2 days to decide if I want to return this phone or not.
If I can get the mobile internet to work amazing if not ALL I want to know is there a GPS service that would work with out internet connection, like all the maps are saved to the phone????

Hoping for help

Royce

mowe
30-11-2008, 12:30 AM
Don't give up on the phone just yet, you just need the right settings. Have you tried using the Wireless Configurator on this page:

http://support.t-mobile.com/knowbase/root/public/tm21625.htm

Select a Nokia N95 8 GB as your phone and the same settings should work on the Innov8. Looks like T-Mobile will then text you all the necessary settings. If you get it to work make sure to post back the exact settings you used so others will know. Good luck.