View Full Version : Garmin GPS Selection Problems

pOps_uk
27-11-2008, 11:49 AM
Hi
Right since reading that Garmin now works on the i8510 wanted to try it out and installed ok and worked perfect, but since then i took my phone back to Carphonewarehouse because of the battery issues to get new firmware updates, which is still the same as what it was when i took it, so they are full of shit, oh and i was told i needed new screws, but guess what battery was still flat again in morning, so much for them fixing it :mad:
anyway back to my point, ive installed Garmin again because they reset my phone to default and now its not letting me select internal GPS keeps trying to pair with external bluetooth GPS, there just doesn't seem to be the option to change it internal GPS, as anyone had this problem before? if how did you fix it?
cheers
Mick

Usil
27-11-2008, 12:06 PM
Once you buy a license and register your GarminXT product you can then select the internal GPS.

Falco47
27-11-2008, 10:01 PM
Hi
Right since reading that Garmin now works on the i8510 wanted to try it out and installed ok and worked perfect, but since then i took my phone back to Carphonewarehouse because of the battery issues to get new firmware updates, which is still the same as what it was when i took it, so they are full of shit, oh and i was told i needed new screws, but guess what battery was still flat again in morning, so much for them fixing it :mad:
anyway back to my point, ive installed Garmin again because they reset my phone to default and now its not letting me select internal GPS keeps trying to pair with external bluetooth GPS, there just doesn't seem to be the option to change it internal GPS, as anyone had this problem before? if how did you fix it?
cheers
Mick

Garmin is the cause of the battery drainage... Stay away from it....

Read this thread:http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79122

pOps_uk
28-11-2008, 01:59 AM
Garmin is the cause of the battery drainage... Stay away from it....

Read this thread:http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79122

I have been keeping a close eye on that thread, and i can honestly say i have have had Garmin installed and working and battery life as been good, my battery as only just started to play up, but for now Garmin is now off my phone again, till problem is solved, plus the fact i cant get it to swap to internal GSP

glanma
29-11-2008, 09:48 PM
I had the same trouble getting the internal receiver to hook up, until I accidentally clicked on the satellite strength bar icon in the top left corner of the Xt app main menu - all of a sudden I had the option to set it to the internal gps and not had a problem since! As far as the battery goes I'm now on my second I8510 and both batteries have performed about the same. The Garmin app does eat the battery but then other apps that I have loaded do too so in my opinion its not necessarily a problem with the Garmin programme on this phone.