View Full Version : Best Profiles on S60 v3.2

ffcphone
21-11-2008, 10:01 AM
Just to let you know whilst Best Profiles installs without problem and runs without error messages etc, there's clearly a bug in that my N85 isn't able to remember the "turn on" feature.

So once I've set up Best Profiles and then turned it on, whereas on my N95 that was it I never had to bother about it again, everytime I turn on my N85 and load up Best Profiles it's clear the application is not running in the background any more.

F

jonek
21-11-2008, 02:25 PM
Hey F

That's interesting, as I run BestProfiles on my N85 and don't have any problems. (Useful huh?!)

It runs all day and after switching the phone off and back on again it continues to be operational without any input from me, exactly as it used to work on my N95.

As this is my first post and you are 100+ I feel anything I say would merely be telling you what you already know. Nonetheless...

Are you saying that after you switch it on, you go back into BestProfiles and it reads (Off) in the top left hand corner?

Are you running the latest version - 1.02

Hope you meet with success.

JK

ffcphone
21-11-2008, 06:36 PM
JK...don't be put off by your virgin posting status. I can be just as useless as the best of us! Welcome to the forum anyway.

As it happens, I hadn't spotted an update to v1.02. I was using 1.01 which kept reverting to off. Having now updated to v1.02 I can confirm all is well again. Many thanks for your useful post.

F

radical24
21-11-2008, 06:53 PM
please enlighten me, n85 has built in timed profile option, what can you do with best profiles that you can not do with the build in opition, curious to learn something new

ffcphone
21-11-2008, 07:54 PM
Best Profiles is a useful utility, in my opinion, as it allows you to automatically set your phone to change profile upon certain conditions. For example, you can set it to automatically switch to "meeting" profile at 9am every weekday morning when you get to work in case you forget to turn off the ringing tones. Another condition can be on a certain date in the future. The one I use is based on your phone logging on to certain cell sites. So I've used the cell log feature to make a note of all the cell sites that can be accessed from my work so when my phone logs on to one (ie when I'm close to work) it switches to meeting profile and when it logs out of the cell site it switches back to general profile, all without me doing anything.

There's also conditions for "on charge", "off charge", etc.

So all in all, a really useful facility.

F

radical24
21-11-2008, 08:15 PM
Best Profiles is a useful utility, in my opinion, as it allows you to automatically set your phone to change profile upon certain conditions. For example, you can set it to automatically switch to "meeting" profile at 9am every weekday morning when you get to work in case you forget to turn off the ringing tones. Another condition can be on a certain date in the future. The one I use is based on your phone logging on to certain cell sites. So I've used the cell log feature to make a note of all the cell sites that can be accessed from my work so when my phone logs on to one (ie when I'm close to work) it switches to meeting profile and when it logs out of the cell site it switches back to general profile, all without me doing anything.

There's also conditions for "on charge", "off charge", etc.

So all in all, a really useful facility.

F

why yes i can see the benefits of such utility, thank you for sharing this with me. best, rad

dhevans_6
21-11-2008, 09:51 PM
It's the one app I can't be without - another one is setting it to silent every night so my husband doesn't get annoyed at my phone beeping away at the announcement of someone's birthday late at night whilst he's watching some horrendous late night movie!

As my phone calendar is sync'd to my work calendar with RoadSync it automatically goes to silent if it finds a keyword of 'meeting' in my calendar, so I can take my phone to meetings and just jump out without disturbing anyone else if it rings.

Very reassuring to hear it still working - no brainer $14ish to spend to buy it again when I get my new phone...

Dr Tran
22-11-2008, 01:36 AM
Works fine on the N78 I have for trial