View Full Version : Check this out: Pico Projector

FaZyCrUcK
12-11-2008, 06:05 PM
I imagine some of you will have seen the 'Optoma pico' projector being released this month?

I don't think I am supposed to add links, but theres several videos of it in action on the internet, and its rated for a max display size of 60"

However realistically you will get a much better picture around 20-30"

Theres a video of it linked to an N95 8GB, in a semi-lit room, and it displays fine on a wall.

It's approx the size of an N95 (slightly longer) and lasts approx 2hrs on a charge.

Also it charges via MiniUSB, which is incredibly handy if (like me) you have the Proporta device charger.

Imagine (with 3rd party apps), you can now watch iPlayer saved films on-the-go. You can quickly show off videos and images to friends/family. You can web browse with a bluetooth keyboard. Use a Wiimote to control a NES/GB/etc etc game. You can watch a DivX movie, whilst taking a poo in your mother-in-laws toilet.

It will sell for 250 online. I am definitely buying one.

This is going to be a pretty decent companion for an N85, which I'm also hoping to buy this month.

Andy

Buddy X
12-11-2008, 07:19 PM
sounds good.......but.......i take it you're relying on your phone for the actual sound ? Not exactly gonna get a surround sound experience when it comes to films.

FaZyCrUcK
12-11-2008, 07:42 PM
It's more of an on-the-go thing. Might be handy for example, watching films on the plane (I fly a lot) or could even project it onto my ceiling when i go to bed to watch something on the iPlayer.

Or show everyone your recorded films/pics/etc.

I admit it's not the best thing since sliced bread but still extremely cool

IJM
13-11-2008, 12:02 AM
Been reading N95users have we ?

FaZyCrUcK
13-11-2008, 04:46 AM
Nah I noticed it on engadget, havent checked n95users a long while

IJM
13-11-2008, 11:43 PM
Ah, just as it was posted on there few hours before this.

Looks immense bit of kit!