View Full Version : Best Price sim free UK

riverboat
07-11-2008, 05:28 AM
I'm on 3 and very happy too.

Looking at either this or the N96

whats the best price you guys have picked this up for sim free?

rp1001
07-11-2008, 03:13 PM
I'd been in the exact same position as you - either INNOV8 16GB or the N96 - i bought the N96, but i sold it a few weeks later - it didnt feel solid enough - it felt cheap sometimes and the phone is very very slow.

i then bought the INNOV8 16GB from www.theorder.co.uk at just under 500 incl VAT and delivery - probably the best deal so far. be wary of ebay - they either sell you 8gb models only, or they sell the asian models - this is important because the asian version does not have route 66, roadsync apps + roadsync v4 and bbc iplayer wont work on asian models - trust me, ive been down that route. i had to replace mine with the european version, and im glad i did!

riverboat
09-11-2008, 12:26 AM
I'd been in the exact same position as you - either INNOV8 16GB or the N96 - i bought the N96, but i sold it a few weeks later - it didnt feel solid enough - it felt cheap sometimes and the phone is very very slow.

i then bought the INNOV8 16GB from www.theorder.co.uk at just under 500 incl VAT and delivery - probably the best deal so far. be wary of ebay - they either sell you 8gb models only, or they sell the asian models - this is important because the asian version does not have route 66, roadsync apps + roadsync v4 and bbc iplayer wont work on asian models - trust me, ive been down that route. i had to replace mine with the european version, and im glad i did!

Cool, thanks for the info, not very often someone admits they bought the wrong phone.
Seeing as you've had both, is there a noticable difference between photos when viewed full size on a pc.

The only thing holding me back from this is the lack of voice dialling, i'm shocked they haven't included it.

But if the difference in picture quality is that wide, then i may jump from the Nokia boat

riverboat
10-11-2008, 05:47 AM
Hiya,

http://www.theorder.co.uk/simfree/offline/deals/Samsung/i8510%20INNOV8

Are currently out of stock.

rp1001
10-11-2008, 02:12 PM
I guess the phone is really popular! I would probably wait for a little while until they re-stock.

In terms of the photo quality - the samsung is far more impressive - the extra 3mp outweighs the carl zeiss lense on the N96. i was slightly disappointed with the N96 picture quality. I had the N95 8GB and the photos were far better then on the N96 - it seems the photos from the N96 lose a bit of colour and clarity - enough to make a big difference.

riverboat
10-11-2008, 04:53 PM
CPW just gave me price of 419, next day delivery on 8gb model
N96 was 549

thats a BIG difference