View Full Version : N96 completely dead

J2theIZZO
23-10-2008, 03:18 PM
I've found over the past few weeks that sometimes i've taken the phone out of my pocket and it's been turned off (added with the problem that sometimes the sim works its way loose and the phone goes offline - hence I miss countless calls).

Today i've taken the phone out of my pocket and it was off, now it won't turn back on, won't charge...it's completely dead.

The end to an overall very bad 2 week long experience for me, I won't be replacing it with another N96 that's for sure.

Back to the E90 for me. :icon13:

seki
24-10-2008, 02:13 AM
where did you get it from? .. or maybe you could just visit the local Nokia Service Center and check it with another battery?

Good Luck!:)

kontraband
24-10-2008, 02:16 PM
damn it mate... that sucks!

zuk1
24-10-2008, 03:28 PM
Has been happening to mine about once per day since I had the phone, are you on T-Mobile by any chance?

Mine either crashes while I am using it or I get it out of my pocket and it is seemingly dead (black screen). When it crashes I can't turn the phone off, I have to take the battery out and put it back in (most annoying). Really hope it stops soon this phone would be amazing apart from these problems I am having.

Micky!
25-10-2008, 09:08 AM
Not good to hear these kind of experiences so early on ownership.

J2theIZZO
27-10-2008, 09:43 AM
The phone is an unbranded model but i'm using Orange, certainly nothing to do with the service provider.

The build quality of the phone feels very flimsy anyway, but then I guess it is a mass market phone...just with the price tag it's currently selling for you'd expect it to feel a bit more robust.

zuk1
27-10-2008, 11:28 PM
The phone is an unbranded model but i'm using Orange, certainly nothing to do with the service provider.

The build quality of the phone feels very flimsy anyway, but then I guess it is a mass market phone...just with the price tag it's currently selling for you'd expect it to feel a bit more robust.

Pretty sure the Orange one is branded...

kontraband
30-10-2008, 12:28 AM
Pretty sure the Orange one is branded...

The Orange one may well be branded, but he didn't say he has an Orange handset, only that he is using Orange ;)

zuk1
03-11-2008, 02:12 PM
Luckily after the update my phone is running very smoothly with no crashing thus far.