View Full Version : CoPilot Live 7 on N96 (help please)

tony soprano
17-10-2008, 02:17 PM
Hi,

I have a T-mobile branded N96 and have just bought CoPilot Live 7

according to ALK website it says the CP7 is "one version for all" ie: windows and symbian S60, it even list the N96 as a supported phone on their website.

the problem is when i put the micro sd card into my N96 it does'nt do anything, it is meant to show up in the apps menu, but nothing...

Has anyone else got CP7 on their N96? if so did yours work straight away?

am i doing something wrong?

have i bought the wrong version of CP7?

Is there anykind of update or download that i need to do?

i have even tried copying the CP7 to my pc and then copying to mass memory on N96 but still nothing

If you have any help of tips please let me know, as this is starting to P** me off, lol

Regards
Tony Soprano

bartmanekul
17-10-2008, 02:55 PM
Have you installed it?

If not, and since it obviously doesnt autoinstall, plug your N96 in with data transfer mode on.

Do a search for sis files. There should be one somewhere in the copilot folder/subfolders.

Note the location and use file manager (or whatever its called on the N96) to find it, and run it.

tony soprano
18-10-2008, 03:26 AM
Have you installed it?

If not, and since it obviously doesnt autoinstall, plug your N96 in with data transfer mode on.

Do a search for sis files. There should be one somewhere in the copilot folder/subfolders.

Note the location and use file manager (or whatever its called on the N96) to find it, and run it.
i have gone through all the folders and sub folders on the CP7, but can not see any sis files, i take it that you mean the sis files that have a blue/green logo, same as the ones i have installed before for symbian apps on my n95 and n95 8gb.
in the instructions booklet it gives you tips on installing it on windows/symbian s60 and symbian UIQ, so it must be the right version of CP7..

anymore ideas?

regards

bartmanekul
18-10-2008, 07:33 AM
Hmm, thats not right, there definatly should be one there, otherwise it cannot install.

Plug it into a PC again, and while in the root of the card, go to:

Tools - Folder options - the 'view' tab.

And make sure 'show hidden files and folders' is marked.

I found a copilot sis in private\10202dce

tony soprano
18-10-2008, 08:18 AM
Hmm, thats not right, there definatly should be one there, otherwise it cannot install.

Plug it into a PC again, and while in the root of the card, go to:

Tools - Folder options - the 'view' tab.

And make sure 'show hidden files and folders' is marked.

I found a copilot sis in private\10202dce
Hi again

show hidden files and folders is checked as you said.

on my CP7 memory card i have 2 main folders,

1st one is called "2577" and is 37.0 MB (38,837,318 bytes)

2nd folder is called "CoPilot" and size 363 MB (381,126,703 bytes)

i dont see any folder in them called "private" ????? strange!!

however i did go and look in my tomtom 6 and saw the tomtom SIS file in the same place as you said for the CP7 (just saying this as an example)

do my CP7 folders sound like they are the correct size, or are yours much bigger? hence i must have things missing, and just or the record when i got my CP7 the box was sealed with the plastic around the box, this seem really odd

if i am missing just the copilot SIS file, is there anyway you can send it to me please?

regards
Tony Soprano

bartmanekul
18-10-2008, 11:00 AM
Not really, since the only sis I have is one of a very old pre release version that has the voice lag bug.

There really should be something to install, I cant beleive you got a copilot different to everyone else's!

Try copilot support, they should know the exact location. Might even be on their FAQ pages.

Cant comment on the folder size, since I had installed it to that card, and also as I said, its a pre-production version.

tony soprano
18-10-2008, 04:20 PM
I have sent a message on the ALK support/questions page, still waiting for a reply.

it does seem really strange that mine aint working..

thanks for your time and advice

regards

Rickster
18-10-2008, 09:55 PM
Hi,

according to ALK website it says the CP7 is "one version for all" ie: windows and symbian S60, it even list the N96 as a supported phone on their website.

the problem is when i put the micro sd card into my N96 it does'nt do anything, it is meant to show up in the apps menu, but nothing...

i have even tried copying the CP7 to my pc and then copying to mass memory on N96 but still nothing

If you have any help of tips please let me know, as this is starting to P** me off, lol

Regards
Tony Soprano

There should be seprate leaflet with the user manual explaining how to install the programme on phones without a memory card slot ( i know the n96 has one ). I had the same problem on my Samsung i8510 but after following the instrutions it works perfectly.

mgreen21
20-10-2008, 01:01 PM
Hi,

Regards
Tony Soprano

you need to copy the contents of the memory card to the phone.
use the n95 8gb instructions.

i dont no why but it wont install from the memory card.
it almost did one time finding and moving the .sis file but it comes up with an error.

u dont need the file called 2257 or what ever it saya.
there should be 4 folders inside the copilot 7 file (copilot, private, resourse and sys) copy those 4 folders onto the phone via a usb lead. u can leave the memory card in your phone to do it they should come up as seperate drives.

hope that makes sense.

boothy01
15-11-2008, 11:25 AM
Hello I am having a lot of problems with trying to load my co pilot on to my n96, I am trying to transfer it over from my o2 orbit and am staring to get really frustrated as have been trying solutions that have been placed on here but none seem to be working any help please???

bartmanekul
15-11-2008, 01:22 PM
If it came with the orbit, then you will not be able to transfer it as that will be a Windows Mobile version only, and likely locked to that unit anyway.

You have to have a symbian version.

If you have, what error message are you getting?

Sadlybrokeboy
26-11-2008, 04:31 PM
Tony Soprano,

Did you find a solution to this in the end?

Have a new N96 (to t-mob too) and I'm having the same issues.

Ta

Matt

tony soprano
26-11-2008, 09:57 PM
Tony Soprano,

Did you find a solution to this in the end?

Have a new N96 (to t-mob too) and I'm having the same issues.

Ta

Matt
Hi

you need to copy the folders to the MASS MEMORY on your N96,

you DO NOT need to copy the folder called 2677 (that folder is only if you have a WINDOWS mobile device.

my COPILOT LIVE 7 was an early version and i had to download the latest update from the ALK website and then contact them for a password inorder to unzip the downloaded files (password protected zipped folder)

if when you have copied your folders to your mass memory you find it dont work, you my need to download the zipped folder i mentioned above

for some strange reason the copilot live 7 just wont work on the micro memory card

regard
Tony Soprano

Sadlybrokeboy
26-11-2008, 10:30 PM
Tony,

Many thanks for getting back to me - will give it a go now!!

Will let you know how I get on!

Cheers!

Matt

Sadlybrokeboy
27-11-2008, 09:17 AM
Tony,

Thanks after a couple of hours of mukcing around - it all works!

Thanks!

Matt

tomhick
29-09-2009, 09:23 AM
The Nokia N96 features the following:

* Quad band GSM / GPRS / EDGE: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
* Dual band UMTS / HSDPA: UMTS 900 / 2100 N96-1 (RM-247, Global), UMTS 850 / 1900 N96-3 (RM-247, Global), no UMTS N96 (RM-297, PR China)
* HSDPA and Wi-Fi access (RM-297 variant (PR China only) does not have WCDMA, WLAN and DVB-H)
* DVB-H Mobile TV (network-dependent feature)
* A-GPS Navigation using Nokia Maps, map data fetched using 3G or downloaded over the Internet and transferred to the phone over USB
* Access to Ovi
* Instant upload to Flickr, Vox, Yahoo! and Google
* Full xHTML, HTML, RSS reader browser
* Symbian OS v9.3 S60 3.2 Edition, user interface
* 16 GB of internal flash memory
* Max memory 32GB (16GB internal + 16GB MicroSD)