View Full Version : New user just got a new phone

ipsolote
09-10-2008, 10:30 AM
Hi

I just purchased the Samsung i8510 phone and its the first time I'm using the Symbian Series 60 OS. I have a few small issues which I hope can be answered and resolved.

1) Is there anyway to know exactly how much battery you have left? It is indicated as bars, however I would prefer to know in terms of a % how much of the battery remains, as I could do this with my previous phone (Sony Ericsson K800i).

Thanks in advance

ipsolote
09-10-2008, 10:37 AM
Another query I have is that the screen completely dims after about 10 seconds of making a phone call (i.e. when there is no activity whilst being put on hold on a phone call). I have tried adjusting the dim time and light time on display preferences, but this doesn't seem to make any difference.

I find this extremely annoying, as I often want to change between the loudspeaker and the handset speaker when on hold, but it requires an extra button press, which for me is annoying.

Any ideas?

ipsolote
09-10-2008, 05:30 PM
Nobody? :icon13:

Fattrucker
09-10-2008, 08:59 PM
Hello
The sarcastic answer is "join the club pal" LOL only joking . It was tongue in cheek but it was true . The consensus on the forum seems to be hold tight for a firmware update , and cross your fingers that is one of the many niggles to be fixed . StuClark (Super Moderator) has said he's going to the next smartphone exhibition in a couple of weeks time , where he's going to raise some questions with Samsung about the problems we're all having . Hopefully he's going to be coming back with some of the right answers to those questions . He should have compiled quite a list about this particular phone if you read some of the other posts . Some big issues that lots of people are experiencing some where only a couple of people seem to be struggling . Rest assured small consolation it may be , but your not alone with your probs . Just keep checking back I'm affraid . Any other probs just ask and I'm sure someone will be only too glad to help . :)