View Full Version : 2 small probs! hopefully someone can help!

woodys
07-10-2008, 03:56 PM
hi guys
firstly since i first powered up my i8510 the message symbol has been continually flashing in the top right corner even though there is no unread message anywhere?? does anyone have any idea how i can get rid of this?

secondly when i try to install the latest samsung pc suite it crashes just into install and says a fatal error has occurred?

any help would be well appreciated
cheers

Acextreme
07-10-2008, 04:17 PM
The first question is probably because you have messages in you SIM card. If you delete those, it should disappear as that's what I have heard. For me, I can't remember what I did but that blinking message icon disappeared after I restored my phone's content with a backup that I made. Weird, huh? :con?

ZeroMasamune
07-10-2008, 07:40 PM
I had that stupid blinking icon too, Samsung was kind enough to not to describe this icon in the manual.

Finally I've found out what the problem was, before the Innov8 I had the Samsung QBowl. Alot of people complained that the sms messages were saved to the sim and not being able to select the phone memory.
It saves all the sms's to the sim when it's full it automaticly saves to the phone memory.

As you could have guessed, your sim sms inbox is full. Delete some sms's

woodys
10-10-2008, 05:15 AM
spot on mate! thanks for that!