View Full Version : 6220 Classic...Unbranded (and Unlocked?)..."Sim Card not Valid"

manevitchj
30-09-2008, 08:17 PM
Hey....

Ive unlocked my 6220c (Bought from 3 UK) using NSS and NSU today, using a EURO 3 Product code. I found that all the branding has gone however whenever I put in a "foreign" Sim Card, I get a message saying "Sim Card not Valid"...

Is this due to the still in place simlock or does the 6220c only support 3G cards?!

This would be a major letdown as I was intending to use my 6220c on my visits to Germany and Italy soon...

Any suggestions?

Supra James
01-10-2008, 01:01 PM
Sounds like you unbranded it but it's still sim locked.

N/A
01-10-2008, 01:20 PM
Is the SIM card very old? Do you have another SIM card from that same operator which you could try (borrow from someone for a while), or another operator, or both?

manevitchj
01-10-2008, 03:42 PM
No...not too old and yes, I do have another Sim Card from the operator...How would that help me since I want to use it with Vodafone and O2 Sim Cards?

Does NSS (Change product code to generic one) in combination with NSU only perform the unbranding but not the unlocking?

If so i regard it as a waste of time...Any suggestions on how to unlock it for free? Are there any calculators for the unlocking code using the IMEI number? I really dont want to pay 8 pounds for it...

bartmanekul
01-10-2008, 04:02 PM
Yes, NSS just debrands it.

No, there is no other way to unlock it.

8 is reasonably cheap to unlock.