View Full Version : Nokia now saying they WONT transfer games!

PaulyLaw
30-09-2008, 07:45 PM
After all the fuss back in May, and Nokia finally seeing sense and issuing a press statement to say they would transfer games between devices this afternoon I was told clearly from Nokia customer services that they will not do this unless the phone is broken.

This is even odder as I successfully had games transfered less than 2 months ago from my old N95 8GB to my new N82. it was a bit long winded and involved me installing each the games to my new phone, starting the game, and then the customer services guy moving the licence to the new phone, but it did work.

However when I tried to move to my new N96 I was told that the tool they had been given to transfer game licences had been taken away and transfers could only be done under warranty.

What on earth is going on? Five months on and Nokia have gone from "working" on a solution back to no transfers between devices.

Very irritating!

Micky!
01-10-2008, 06:34 AM
This is something that maybe can be brought up in the Pilot programme.

Tzer2
01-10-2008, 10:16 AM
However when I tried to move to my new N96 I was told that the tool they had been given to transfer game licences had been taken away and transfers could only be done under warranty.

PaulyLaw, as far as I know the person you spoke to at customer services is wrong. Try ringing them again, and if they still insist on not transferring ask to speak to their supervisor.

We've recently seen evidence Nokia do transfer games onto new N96s, in fact you can read about someone doing it successfully through customer services onto their brand new N96 a few days ago (they had a game on their N95 which was successfully transferred to their N96):

http://hellon96.tumblr.com/page/3

"So after 23 minutes 56 seconds mostly on hold - i got told i could reactivate my game from my n95 on my n96 using the previous activation code. COOL!

I tried it - you have exceeded the number of activations blah blah blah. I’ll leave it a couple of hours and try again - in case systems need to talk to each other to permeate the updated activation.

...ok ok the n-gage activation code works now - just needed more time. luckily an nice long lunch in the pub made up for it ;)"

I will check with people at N-Gage myself to see what's going on here though, because even if this is a mistaken person at customer services that still shouldn't be happening.

Which country are you in PaulyLaw? It's possible that different countries' customer services are being told different things from higher up.

N/A
01-10-2008, 01:11 PM
Must be a mistaken customer support representative. Take this up with the moderators on the N-Gage discussion boards on n-gage.com (you can PM them and get them to help you out).

http://forums.arena.n-gage.com/nokia/board?board.id=gameactivation

Tzer2
02-10-2008, 07:58 AM
PaulyLaw, I've had a response from someone inside Nokia and they said the transfers should still be available. The transfer tool has not been taken away.

They're still doublechecking to make sure, and if I can get an official statement from them I'll do a newspost about it.

As N/A says, if a customer service rep tells you they can't do a transfer, they've got it wrong and you should post about it on the official N-Gage forums where a moderator will be able to help you.

http://forums.arena.n-gage.com/nokia/board?board.id=gameactivation

Tzer2
06-10-2008, 11:38 PM
I've just had an official statement from someone at Nokia saying they DO still allow game transfers to another phone through customer services.

They also added that if you have any problems getting customer services to transfer games you should visit the official game activation forum (link above) and contact one of the moderators.

I'll be doing a newspost about this on AAN in due course, but I thought you'd like to know this has been confirmed.