View Full Version : Sms Word Selector - Does Such A Application Exist ?

jwar1976
30-09-2008, 12:50 AM
Hi all,

I have recently got myself the gorgeous Samsung I8510 & love using it. However I just can't get to grips with the T9 predictive text, which is normal for me as I could never use it on other mobiles I have owned.

Now I know it is a Windows mobile device, but on my last pda handset, I was able to select a list of words from the dictionary after pushing a few letters for a text message.

Does anyone here know if such an application exists or if there is a way of getting the horrid T9 to put what you want ?.

danpep
30-09-2008, 08:23 AM
The I8510 is a Symbian device and not a Windows Mobile device. These are 2 different smartphone operating systems.

Anyhow, when typing a text message, have a look at the top right of the screen (Picture of a pencil and "Abc"). This has 4 modes:

1) Underlined "Abc" - predictive text, initial capital
2) Underlined "abc" - predictive text, all lower case
3) "Abc" - plain text, initial capital. Press a key multiple times to cycle through the symbols
4) "abc" - plain text, all lower case. Press a key multiple times to cycle through the symbols

Press # to cycle through the above modes.

When in a predictive text mode, just press each key that has the letter you need. A word will be suggested as you type. To cycle through the different words that can be made, press the * key.

If you keep pressing * and the word you want is not in the dictionary, your left menu key will change to "Spell". This will enable you to add the word to the predictive text dictionary.

Give it some practice and I'm sure you'll be tapping out messages in no time.

jwar1976
30-09-2008, 11:36 AM
Yep I knew it was a different operating system, but wassn't sure if a program had been designed to do that type of thing.

Thank you very much for the tip, it is great :D. Doing it like this is so much faster than typing out each separate letter lol :icon14: