View Full Version : 2 questions about Feature Pack 2

xerxes
21-09-2008, 08:08 PM
I have a couple of questions that I hope somebody who is running a feature pack 2 phone could answer.

1. Does the Sync app allow you to schedule syncs, e.g. Sync calendar once per hour?

2. Does Messaging now allow you to retrieve the whole message when you tell it to sync every 15 minutes? My N95 only allows me to download headers and them fetchs each message body individually which gets really irritating when you 100+ messages per day.

Thanks in advance for your help with this. I am trying to decide whether to stick with Nokia or look at Windows/Blackberry/Android for my next phone.

bjornb
22-09-2008, 10:24 AM
You can select in Nokia PC Suite how synchronisation occurs. Manually, periodically (selectable intervals) or everytime the phone connects.
I dont know about the e-mail/messaging part.

xerxes
22-09-2008, 02:06 PM
You can select in Nokia PC Suite how synchronisation occurs. Manually, periodically (selectable intervals) or everytime the phone connects.
I dont know about the e-mail/messaging part.

Sorry I wasn't very clear.

I don't use a PC. I sync directly with a syncml server at my work for calendar and contacts. This works pretty well but I have to remember to manually go to the Sync program under Tools on my N95 and start the synchronisation process every few hours.

I had heard a rumour that Feature Pack 2 allowed the user to set up a schedule for this kind of over-the-air sync.

ninetysix
29-09-2008, 07:11 AM
I don't use a PC. I sync directly with a syncml server at my work for calendar and contacts. This works pretty well but I have to remember to manually go to the Sync program under Tools on my N95 and start the synchronisation process every few hours.

I had heard a rumour that Feature Pack 2 allowed the user to set up a schedule for this kind of over-the-air sync.

I use Mail for Exchange (you can get it for example via the Download! service, or from the Nokia website), and yes you can automatically or frequently sync with your work server. You can define prime time and non-prime time settings, and select whether or not to select calendar, tasks, contacts, email etc.

xerxes
15-10-2008, 01:17 PM
Yes MailforExchange is great if your company uses an Exchange server. Unfortunately mine does not.

Would one of you kind N78/N79/N96/N85 owners mind taking a look at the connection settings in Sync to see if scheduled sync is an option?