View Full Version : Automatic keylock on E66

ottgrims
20-09-2008, 06:07 AM
This is my first sliding phone, and I like the way the keys are locked when I close it and unlocked when I open it. But there is an automatic keylock if I let the phone stay open for a long time. I have looked in the menus for a way to disable this feature, but have not found it. Anyone?

Toppo
22-09-2008, 02:51 PM
Try:
Menu --> Tools -> Settings --> General --> Security --> Phone and SIM card --> Keypad autolock period

IMHO the best phone - like - eva.. :tongue:

ottgrims
23-09-2008, 04:13 AM
Try:
Menu --> Tools -> Settings --> General --> Security --> Phone and SIM card --> Keypad autolock period

IMHO the best phone - like - eva.. :tongue:

I have norwegian language and in my phone the relevant menu choice is Automatisk systemlås which translate to Automatic system lock (not Keypad autolock peiod). I wonder why they do not translate the menu names better. But it worked to set this to Ingen (None). Thank you.

Ottar

Toppo
23-09-2008, 07:40 AM
Well that indeed seems like a poor translation. Makes me wonder how they've translated the actual systemlock then, or "Phone Autolock" I think it's called. "Automatisk telefonlås"? =)

Anyway, that's exactly why I have my phone set up so that the phone language is English, but writing language is my native language. It's nice to have that option available as well 'cause I like to use the predictive text, but especially some of the more technical stuff seems to translate only to english or jibberish - :rolleyes:

ottgrims
23-09-2008, 03:38 PM
Well that indeed seems like a poor translation. Makes me wonder how they've translated the actual systemlock then, or "Phone Autolock" I think it's called. "Automatisk telefonlås"? =)

That is correct. Are you norwegian?

Anyway, that's exactly why I have my phone set up so that the phone language is English, but writing language is my native language. It's nice to have that option available as well 'cause I like to use the predictive text, but especially some of the more technical stuff seems to translate only to english or jibberish - :rolleyes:

Is there predictive text on the E66? How does that work? I have the T9 function activated and in my menu I see that I have turnes "ordforslag" (word suggestion) ON - but what does that mean? I cannot seem to get any word suggestions, just cykling through different words with *.

I have kept my eyes open for Adaptxt (http://www.adaptxt.com/?node_id=3.5.1.2&id=62) but their S60 version does not support norwegian.

Ottar

Toppo
23-09-2008, 05:59 PM
That is correct. Are you norwegian? Nope - a Finn, so I guess you could call that an "educated guess".. ;)

Is there predictive text on the E66? How does that work? I have the T9 function activated and in my menu I see that I have turnes "ordforslag" (word suggestion) ON - but what does that mean? I cannot seem to get any word suggestions, just cykling through different words with *.

Sorry for the misleading term - I was actually just referring to the T9 functionality - I don´t think there's anything predictive in it - yet it's called "Predictive text" in the english menu.. :rolleyes: