View Full Version : E71 for Mac users

ELgambino
15-09-2008, 04:25 AM
I found myself enjoying the E71 and quite satisfied with it.

I use Mac Leopard, and I just found out that there is no PC Suite (or similar) for Mac, and the Nokia Software Updater is also made only for Windows.

Is there any way I can have these lovely software to use with my mac?

Thank you.

tond
15-09-2008, 03:27 PM
Hi ELgambino,
you can find the iSync plug in and the Nokia Multimedia Tranfer (a sort of plug in for iTunes and iPhoto) for Mac OS X in the nokia web site, in the software download section of your phone.
I use them with the E66 and they work flawlessly.

Bye

ELgambino
15-09-2008, 05:32 PM
Thanks,
I've already use those software. But what I really wanted is the software similar to PC Suite for Windows, mac version. But I guess that's out of the question, search the web and still can't find one.

antitrust311
17-09-2008, 04:57 AM
If you have an Intel Mac and a copy of Windows XP or Vista you can use bootcamp to run Windows or you can use Parallels then you can run PC suite, Nokia maps, software updater, etc... If you want to stick with the Mac side of the house download Missing Sync for Symbian by Mark/Space

http://www.markspace.com/products/symbian/ms-overview-mac.php

It's $40, but it is much better than PC suite. You'll still need A Windows machine to use software updater if you choose to use Missing sync though!

richieg
17-10-2008, 08:26 PM
I just got a e71 and downloaded isync plugin for mac. I cannot connect via bluetooth. Has anyone managed to do this and do you have any suggestions as to what could be wrong. I can connect both the e71 and the mac to other phones no problem

zadigre
18-10-2008, 02:21 AM
I just got a e71 and downloaded isync plugin for mac. I cannot connect via bluetooth. Has anyone managed to do this and do you have any suggestions as to what could be wrong. I can connect both the e71 and the mac to other phones no problem

I don't know what's going on with your phone... but it's working fine on my Mac Pro with my E71-2...

LanWolf
19-10-2008, 10:27 AM
If you have an Intel Mac and a copy of Windows XP or Vista you can use bootcamp to run Windows or you can use Parallels then you can run PC suite, Nokia maps, software updater, etc... If you want to stick with the Mac side of the house download Missing Sync for Symbian by Mark/Space

http://www.markspace.com/products/symbian/ms-overview-mac.php

It's $40, but it is much better than PC suite. You'll still need A Windows machine to use software updater if you choose to use Missing sync though!

I went from a HTC Touch to E71, just because Missing Sync.. the name is correct, it misses somtimes and did not sync new items... and the sync just after that it doubles agenda items or contacts.
At last i couldn't get it to sync anything right anymore, and guess what the fora from markspace find out.. it's a known problem, but no solution for months.

That is why i bought an E71, for the iSync plugin comapitbility.

ELgambino
23-10-2008, 05:36 AM
Lanwolf:
My colleague had the similar experience with MissingSync. He got a Palm Centro, and purchased MissingSync to connect his phone to his MBP. After a few months, the software crashed, and everything just went wrong. He contacted Mark/Space but no replies till now.

About the iSync plugin, I noticed that it doesn't sync groups that I've created on my AddressBook application on my Mac. Is there anything I can do to make it possible?

fone_fanatic
23-10-2008, 07:07 PM
both my e71 and att tilt are synced to an exchange server. I have missing sync installed for windows mobile on my mac but i think i've only attempted to use it once for image and video transfer and thats it.

I have xp installed via vmware's fusion and it works perfectly when i need to sync to a machine or flash my tilt's rom.. haven't tried it to update the e71 firmware yet because the NAM one isn't released yet. BUt i do have PC suite installed on xp which is running right now as i type this in firefox on OSX...

if you go to nokia beta labs (http://www.nokia.com/betalabs/applications), they have a nokia multimedia transfer and nokia maps applications for mac, but my suggestion would definately be install xp through fusion.. get the best of both worlds :P