View Full Version : mail4exchange

bchliu
13-09-2008, 01:40 PM
hi all,

I am very interested in getting an Innov8 as my next phone - but I really need the Mail4exchange functionality and since it is a Nokia based software, I am wondering if it will work on a samsung.

Since Nokia recently released a new version that does not detect the phone model anymore during the installation, so maybe it will now work properly.

Thanks!

srw985
13-09-2008, 02:15 PM
The latest version (FP2) produces certificate error on installation. Maybe once the phone is hackable we can install Binpda ROOT certificate and rootsign the SIS, then it might work.

xerxes
15-09-2008, 10:10 AM
hi all,

I am very interested in getting an Innov8 as my next phone - but I really need the Mail4exchange functionality and since it is a Nokia based software, I am wondering if it will work on a samsung.

Since Nokia recently released a new version that does not detect the phone model anymore during the installation, so maybe it will now work properly.

Thanks!

MailForExchange only runs on Nokia phones as Nokia have to pay Microsoft a licence fee.

Try Roadsync instead. That works on all S60 phones.

stuclark
15-09-2008, 01:37 PM
Roadsync comes pre-installed on the 8510, so that's the thing to use. (I use Roadsync for my Exchange connections at work and it's excellent)

bchliu
19-09-2008, 11:20 AM
oh.. thanks for that.. very interesting.. :)

LouD
26-09-2008, 07:37 PM
Roadsync comes pre-installed on the 8510, so that's the thing to use. (I use Roadsync for my Exchange connections at work and it's excellent)

If you can please tell me where to find it on my phone then i can configure it. All i can find is a synchronisation program and i cant seem to get it to work.
It looks like its for push mail but it keeps saying wrong server address. sigh :(

LouD
27-09-2008, 05:59 PM
I can setup the sync profile but my phone doesnt want to seem to contact the e-mail server. anyone else set up pushmail yet?

LouD
28-09-2008, 06:18 PM
Well i solved my Push mail problem. I couldn't use the Sync from Samsung for it tho. But have read here that Roadsync should have been bundled i went for a search. I installed Y-Browser and looked around the Z drive and found the Roadsync sis file :)

After installation and registration all my problems were solved :D

jinjacko
02-11-2008, 01:47 PM
I think we nedd excahnge server to use roadsync
The only thing that interests me is the push mail
Is there a free solution for that ??
Is it compatible with Gmail and yahoo mal ??
If so, what's the server and domain name ?