View Full Version : Need help.. BB 8130 to E71..

ssuvman
11-09-2008, 05:53 AM
Well, I really need to get my calender transfered over from my BB to my E71. Love my BB still, but my E71 just really does it all for me.. Any help, tips, or tricks on the best way would be great.

This is a great website by th way.. Really found a lot of great info so far.. Hope to keep learning.. This is my first symbian based phone. Definately won't be my last!

-Chad-

chucky.egg
11-09-2008, 08:06 PM
The easiest way is with Nokia PC Suite I suspect

What does your BB sync with?

If it's a corporate device then it might be locked down, to prevent it sync'ing with your PC - in which case it gets a little harder. You'll probably be using Outlook in that case so you'd need to use your work PC to export your calendar, contacts etc (export to a PST file), then import those into Outlook on your own machine. Then sync your E71 with Outlook.

If you can sync your BB to an online service (SyncML-based, or even Google) then sync your E71 to the same service - that might work.

chucky.egg
11-09-2008, 08:21 PM
It looks like the Google Sync util won't work for you (there may be others that do) because it will only sync appts created AFTER GS is installed. Doh.

Please note that events that are on your BlackBerry calendar before you install and run Google Sync will not get synced. In other words, once you have installed and started running Google Sync, only events added to your BlackBerry calendar after that point will by synced to your Google Calendar.
http://mobile.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=82618&topic=13626