View Full Version : Music stored where? How 2 free up phone memory?

Swaine77
17-08-2008, 11:27 AM
:con?

Hi, I'm a new n78 user. Is all the music stored in phone memory? I usually send mp3's to my phone through bluetooth and it comes in a message. I open the song and then I can "Save." I guess it saves it to phone memory? How can I make it save it on my memory card? When I use file manager to find my songs, I can't find them anywhere but I can play them using the media button.

Also, what's the best or easiest way to free up phone memory? I try to save stuff to my memory card but I think some stuff is automatically saved to phone memory. :frown: I have been reading the instruction book but it doesn't answer these questions, that I can see.

Thank you, ahead of time, for your answers.

Swaine77

N/A
17-08-2008, 02:32 PM
You can move music files with the built-in File manager application ( or you can get a more powerful version, Y-Browser, from http://www.drjukka.com ).

You can also in the "Messaging" app go to Options > Settings > Other and change the messaging memory from phone memory to the memory card. You can also make the Camera app default to be either phone memory or the memory card. Contacts and Calendar settings cannot be changed; they always keep the data in phone memory.

Easier than copying music to the Inbox is, however, by connecting the phone in data transfer (USB mass storage) mode using the USB cable, and then copy music directly to the memory card.

And if you use Nokia PC Suite ( latest version always from http://www.nokia.com/pcsuite ) you can also use its File manager ( a Windows Explorer extension ) or the Nokia Music Manager application.

And if you connect in Windows Media Player mode, you can transfer music directly with Windows Media Player, too.

jwaisanen
18-08-2008, 04:58 PM
one of the easiest ways I've found is to put the micro-SD card into an adapter and plug it into your laptop/PC. just transfer the files (music, video, images, etc) on and off like a flash drive, and plug the card back into your phone - the phone doesn't even need to be off.

Swaine77
09-10-2008, 01:30 PM
Thanks for the answers. I wonder, which folder in phone memory are the bluetooth file transfers stored in? I'm looking at my phone within the PCSuite Windows Explorer extension and I see Phone Memory > Data > Games, Installs, My Videos, Sounds, Videos, Images, Im, Others, System. Just trying to get a file that I bluetoothed to my n78 out of phone memory and onto my memory card.