View Full Version : Best Anti-theft Software

dadadaa
14-08-2008, 04:05 PM
I want to protect my e71 in case of theft and found a couple of software that range from $12-20. Does anybody have any suggestions on softwares? Which one is better? Comment on one software if you're using too.

They all seem to have have the same features, but one they dont have is GPS tracking. If there is one with that feature, I'll jump on it.

I've found software from these developers: Killer Mobile's, SymbianGuru, Network Security Solution's, and Symbian Brains. Any idea on which developer is most stable,reliable and trusted?

bartmanekul
14-08-2008, 05:08 PM
Do you really need other software?

You know you can setup encryption. It also has the ability to lock the device via a certain worded SMS message to the phone, which you can then unlock only via a password.

I very much doubt any software is going to offer anything better than this, and GPS simply would not be worth it.

It would have to be known its stolen and fire up the GPS automatically. Which would most likely be noticed.

There is no anti theft software in the world. Only software which makes the phone useless after its been stolen.

RogerPodacter
15-08-2008, 05:36 AM
last year there was a review around here of some cool software for theft. i think it was setup so that you can send a text to your phone and it would password lock it out completely. or instead you can send a text which will activate the GPS and transmit its location to a website that you can go on and find it. of course they have to leave the phone on for this stuff. if anyone immediately pulls the battery then its hopeless.

Unplugged
15-08-2008, 08:04 AM
tbh there's no anti-theft software the only pencil trick wont cure of hooking it up to NSU.

Besides what are you going to do? go t some randoms house and demand they give your phone back? by the time you have tracked it, it will probably be sitting in a shop window or they brought it legitimately and wont be giving it back to someone ranting on their doorstep.