View Full Version : can E71 share PC internet connection?

thisisallen
07-08-2008, 04:01 PM
is it possible to connect to the internet on your PC and then the E71 can share that connection?

macwhu
07-08-2008, 04:08 PM
is it possible to connect to the internet on your PC and then the E71 can share that connection?

i dont think so - why would you want to?

you could use wifi instead to do it

set up your pc to share its connection ?

thisisallen
07-08-2008, 04:23 PM
to answer your 'why?' ques: I am in a place without access to wifi, not in usa. I have faster connection on my pc than phone. Also it is cheaper for me to connect that way. It is possible with WindowsMobile phones so I thought it must be possible with S60 but I do not know nearly enough about it to even try to figure it out.

macwhu
07-08-2008, 04:35 PM
to answer your 'why?' ques: I am in a place without access to wifi, not in usa. I have faster connection on my pc than phone. Also it is cheaper for me to connect that way. It is possible with WindowsMobile phones so I thought it must be possible with S60 but I do not know nearly enough about it to even try to figure it out.

but if you have a connected pc - what would you want to be using a phone to access the internet for - or am i just being dim?

just use the pc ?

check out nokia pc suite - if you can do it - it will be in there somewhere.

thisisallen
08-08-2008, 12:21 PM
unfortunately I was not able to see anything about this in pc suite.

the simple answer about using the phone instead of the pc is that I need to do some things on the phone itself while connected to the internet.