View Full Version : Software I would like to pay for

Dieter
09-02-2003, 02:03 PM
Hi,

This is
- NOT on various utilities just like improvements for contacts, calender and so on
- BUT on productivity software which gives us something NEW or BETTER.

Software I would like to see for series 60, esp. 3650:

- a CAMERA application which saves the pics with much less .jpg compression, thus resulting in much less artifacts. The 3650 lens seems to be good enough so that pics should not be spoilt by to much of these artifacts. At the same time the MMC gives enough space to save larger pics.

- a VIDEO application which saves video with sound of unlimited (well, limited by free MMC space). Of cause this will require the programmer to write a routine which saves to the MMC memory at the same time as recording and encoding. This might be a challenge, but a good programmer might do.. At least there should be a VIDEO application using the whole of the rest of the free internal ram (4mb minus used ram). 100 KB is ridiculous!

- a .PDF viewer. This would enable me to receive FAX on a 3650 (in cooperation with my email service which gives me a telefone number for FAXes and converts the FAX to a .PDF file).
This will be the best way to receive FAX with 3650, since I am afraid,a true / real FAX software for the 3650 will be impossible. Perhaps pdf+ might be ported to series 60, at least since the 3650 gives enought ram on the MMC.

- a .DOC (MS Word) viewer, better an editor. It is sufficient if it views/edits word documents with just plain text content. No advanced formatting needs to be working.
If (very likely) an editor is asked to much, I need a viewer which enables me to cut and paste the text out of the .DOC and copy it into a capable pure ASCII-Text editor, which allows me to save the changed texts.

Software like the abovementioned might cost some more than little utilities, but I would be ready to pay.

What do You think? When will these programms be available?

Dieter

judell74
10-02-2003, 06:46 AM
Also sostware that could edit Microsoft Word & Excel

bazsi
16-02-2003, 05:28 PM
I am a member of Viking Informatics, Hungary. We develop programs for psions and the Nokia 7650/3650 phones. We will maybe build the Camera and Video program as you advised. Our homepage is: www.vikinggames.hu Sorry for the advertisment :)

Hankman
16-02-2003, 06:13 PM
Hehe, I don't mind a few advertisements if in return the series60 gets great software. :D

bazsi
16-02-2003, 06:24 PM
okay :) We are already working on a project. It will be a game. Others are secret :)

judell74
17-02-2003, 06:14 AM
Hey bazsi! How about an app that can view & edit Microsoft Word & Excel?

bazsi
17-02-2003, 02:22 PM
Hm...I hope we will realese one software which can read&edit Word&Excel files around two or three months, but it's not sure. After we finished the game and other 2-3 apps, we maybe will try to make one software like this...

Post your other software-ideas here! (If you have)

sackie
27-02-2003, 03:12 PM
I want to have an app what can use the internet via bluetooth so i don't need to use the expensive GPRS

trap4
01-03-2003, 07:42 PM
And an app I would definitely pay for is an RSS aggregator. Better still, an RSS aggregator that also allows me to post to my blog 8)