View Full Version : Nokia N82 Help!!!

antitrust311
04-08-2008, 10:01 AM
I just bought an unlocked Nokia N82 and I had some questions. I have never bought an unlocked phone before so please bear with me. On to the questions
1) I currently live in Japan and have a softbank account which is WCDMA 3G 2100Mhz. So I am wondering will I be able to just pop my Softbank USIM into my shiny new Nokia N82 and be able to make calls/surf the web immediately? Or will I need to do some kind of activation? I already have an active 3G USIM with softbank. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

N/A
04-08-2008, 10:36 AM
It should work as-is. If the Softbank network does not provide you the correct access point settings, and does not allow you to order them to be sent as SMS from their web site, you may have to do some digging or persuading to get them from the operator.

antitrust311
04-08-2008, 11:32 AM
I am hoping all goes well. Softbank sells N95's for use on their network and I noted that the N82 and the N95 run the same OS versions and from what I can gather on the web is that these two phones have the same internals just different form factors so I am hopeful that everything works right out of the box. If not what are access point settings?

Thanks for the help!!!