View Full Version : E71 and Colpilot live

Knightrider
31-07-2008, 09:12 AM
I received my shiny new E71 yesterday and am very impressed with it - its great to be able to perform tasks without waiting 30 seconds for the hourglass to disappear as with my old XDA orbit!

However, one of the main uses that I had for the old Orbit was as an in-car GPS when needed. I am looking for European maps with speed camera alerts in the UK, and quite like the look of Copilot live. The E71 is not yet listed on their site, and I was wondering if anyone had tried it on the E71 yet?

PDADoc
06-08-2008, 07:34 PM
I can answer this for you; I have both TomTom and CoPilot Live 7 (LEGALLY!!!) and I got my E71 this morning, I just (ten minutes ago) installed CoPilot Live 7 on the E71 and within three seconds of going out onto my terrace I had a full GPS signal. So far, everything is working perfectly, just as it had on my Touch Cruise!

I'm about to make a trip to the golf shop and I'll test out the routing, but I don't expect any surprises.

As a side experiment, I'm going to install a TomTom 7 version for S603rd that I'm testing for them later this evening and I'll let you know about that as well.

jorang
06-08-2008, 08:58 PM

As a side experiment, I'm going to install a TomTom 7 version for S603rd that I'm testing for them later this evening and I'll let you know about that as well.

Oops - haven't heard about a new version for S60..? You aren't kidding us - are you?

PDADoc
06-08-2008, 09:04 PM
Oops - haven't heard about a new version for S60..? You aren't kidding us - are you?

No, I'm not kidding at all. As soon as I'm allowed, I'll post some screenshots. Be aware, though, that so far, it's not turning out to be any better than its previous version. That's all I can say about it right now. ;)

Knightrider
07-08-2008, 01:00 AM
I can answer this for you; I have both TomTom and CoPilot Live 7 (LEGALLY!!!) and I got my E71 this morning, I just (ten minutes ago) installed CoPilot Live 7 on the E71 and within three seconds of going out onto my terrace I had a full GPS signal. So far, everything is working perfectly, just as it had on my Touch Cruise!

Thanks! You are the only person I can find who has actually tried it out. I'd be interested to hear if you are happy with Copilot as a solution on the E71, or if you come across any problems.

PDADoc
07-08-2008, 05:57 AM
Thanks! You are the only person I can find who has actually tried it out. I'd be interested to hear if you are happy with Copilot as a solution on the E71, or if you come across any problems.

As promised, here are some screenshots of CoPilot Live 7 on the E71.

I made sure to get a couple of shots with the familiar S603rd interface in there.

bartmanekul
07-08-2008, 07:52 AM
Theres really an S60 version of Tomtom 7?

I must say Im extremely doubtful, its not even on windows mobile (officially) yet. Its just on the HTC diamond.

jorkus
07-08-2008, 12:15 PM
I am really waiting for your report on tomtom7, cannot get v6 up and running on E71..

PDADoc
07-08-2008, 07:31 PM
I am really waiting for your report on tomtom7, cannot get v6 up and running on E71..

As I said, I'm limited on what I can say at this point on TT7, but I promise that I already have the screenshots taken and ready to post and will post the info as soon as I can.

PDADoc
07-08-2008, 08:08 PM
Here are some more shots.

I can't make it any clearer than this, as it was taken with my Touch Cruise camera. The only thing I did was redact my product key, but as you can see, it's clearly an E71, and it's CLEARLY CoPilot Live. ;)