View Full Version : Gmail Retrieval on E71 problem

Pasek
26-07-2008, 11:08 AM
Hi,

I have a Nokia E61i, and now the E71.

On the 61, gmail email retrieval worked fine. I just set it up to retrieve the last 20, every 30 minutes, during the daytime.

But now the E71...

The only way (I can) to get the E71 automatically retrieve gmail(s) is to first download my whole inbox :(

Since I have more than 2000 (read) mails in my inbox, even the E71 becomes a bit slow.

The way E71 is suppose do new email notifications "Auto-Update" is not working, at least I don't get new email notifications, automatically.

If I set E-mail retrieval to enabled, the setting of the number of emails is set to "All" and cannot be changed :(

Am I doing something wrong here?

lacordaire
26-07-2008, 07:22 PM
I have the same problem you have with my MobileMe (from Apple) account. Worst, I can't set my e71 to download entires messages, only the header message download is enabled on my phone. This first version of Software is very dissapointed to me.

Ratkat
26-07-2008, 07:52 PM
I have the same problem you have with my MobileMe (from Apple) account. Worst, I can't set my e71 to download entires messages, only the header message download is enabled on my phone. This first version of Software is very dissapointed to me.

Try...

Messaging/options/settings/email/your mailbox name/retrieval settings/e-mail to retrieve

change from 'headers' only to 'msg & attachs'

lacordaire
27-07-2008, 01:03 AM
On my phone this option does not appears, the only option is to download header. I've already tried everithing.... There is another lacks compared with my old e61. I am thinking this first firmware is very problematic and very soon we'll have a update.

Obs. My phone is from China so, the firmware too....

lacordaire
28-07-2008, 04:02 PM
one more problem, when I read a email, the date is changed by read date!

PS: I discovered the date showed on E71 is the downloaded date or last view date, not the message date, I think it's a mistake!

Qoof
31-07-2008, 01:46 PM
I am having problems that it is only downloading emails from my gmail account from more then a year ago! I just want the newest emails that come in. Help please :)

deepaksingh
28-09-2008, 08:35 AM
Is your setting on POP or IMAP?